Online Kioti Parts

/ Online Kioti Parts #31  
I'm guessing you'd have a better chance at getting Kioti to fix your catastrophic engine issue caused by their defective filter than Wix. One has the infrastructure in place to deal with an issue like this and the other doesn't. That's not to say it'll be easy to do so with Kioti but it'll be essentially impossible trying to get satisfaction from Wix.
One would think so, but, again, everything is a bit of a crap-shoot: Kioti dealers can be significant hurdles, owing, perhaps, to their difficulties getting reimbursed from Kioti and or support in general. I'm not a big fan of NAPA stuff, so WIX had little interest for me. I trust Donaldson. Kioti isn't exotic in their designs or manufacturing. Other manufacturers might push aftermarket offerings harder.

/ Online Kioti Parts #32  
Asked my dealer about filters. Told me use any brand I want if I could find it and it will NOT void warranty. I’m partial to Carquest filters. But Carquest does not have the hydro filter. So I went with Napa on it.

/ Online Kioti Parts #33  
Asked my dealer about filters. Told me use any brand I want if I could find it and it will NOT void warranty. I’m partial to Carquest filters. But Carquest does not have the hydro filter. So I went with Napa on it.

This is true, and no one is disputing it. Ask your dealer if an aftermarket filter malfunction causing oil starvation will void the warranty or not. I think you know what that answer would be.

/ Online Kioti Parts #34  
This is true, and no one is disputing it. Ask your dealer if an aftermarket filter malfunction causing oil starvation will void the warranty or not. I think you know what that answer would be.

Want would be the answer if you used an OEM filter after the warranty expires and that filter malfunctioned causing oil starvation?

I ask because - to be honest - I don’t know the answer.

But - to me - it should work both ways.

MoKelly

/ Online Kioti Parts #35  
Post warranty is certainly a different question. But as I posted earlier, at least Kioti has a network of service departments able to rectify the situation should it have been caused by a Kioti branded filter. Not so using an after-market filter. With the latter you're on your own to deal with the lawyers whereas the former you at least might have a shot at getting satisfaction through Kioti's service channels.

/ Online Kioti Parts #36  
If your dealer wouldn’t warranty it, maybe you should find another dealer. Some dealers regardless of brand will try their best to get costs down. Others will do the right thing.

/ Online Kioti Parts #37  
Perfect. Do what makes you happy. But....who makes those Kubota labelled filters? Dutchy
Messisks tractor has an excellent video on YouTube , opening up different brands of oil filters vrs oem Kubota filters. There is a big difference between even name brand aftermarket filters and Kubota filters.

/ Online Kioti Parts #38  
Messisks tractor has an excellent video on YouTube , opening up different brands of oil filters vrs oem Kubota filters. There is a big difference between even name brand aftermarket filters and Kubota filters.

Link...?

/ Online Kioti Parts #39  
Engine failures based on oil filters is very rare. I have never heard of it happening. If any engine manufacturer sees an engine failure, they will point to anything they can no matter the warranty. They will blame the wrong oil or change intervals because you cannot prove what you used or when. So unless you take your tractor to the dealer for all routine maintenance, you will have a fight on your hands. Oil filters are designed to bypass as pressure builds so starvation cannot occur.

/ Online Kioti Parts #40  
jimglassford, good post. But... filters have different relief pressures. I'd hope that something that supposedly cross-references is in fact spec'd (and actually is proven to perform) as such. Just making that note because I'm running a different filter on my generator (Kubota engine) than an Onan/Cummins one: for this engine I AM running a WIX (available locally).