online parts shopping / lookup

/ online parts shopping / lookup #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Was just on napa's website trying to lookup a battery.

site bites to put it plainly.

Now I see why they don't have a 'contact us' button. the email server would crash from all the complaints.

can't search for hardly anything without specifying a vehicle... and they don't have an option for off road vehicle.. even though I KNOW napa has ag application catalogs..

go figure.

guess they just lost my business.

anyone know of a GOOD site that lists ag batteries.. or at leasts lets you search .. etc?

soundguy

/ online parts shopping / lookup #2  
I agree, every time I go to the NAPA site to find something I remember why I don't go there ;)

www.interstatebatteries.com has some AG stuff, not sure how comprehensive.

/ online parts shopping / lookup #3  
NAPA's have different sources of batterys depending on location as well as owners preference.

/ online parts shopping / lookup #4  
You think NAPA's site sucks! Try AutoZone's, Checker's, and CarQuest's. AutoZone's is the absolute worst.

/ online parts shopping / lookup #5  
All I can say is YES,YES & YES. With all this modern computerized digital relational data base 64 bit mega servers runnin' on fiber optic cable and if I'm lucky I'll have a $60 a month internet broadband connection to all this, and it just don't take the place of parts house that I remember that had been established back when my father was a young man. That parts house was run by grey haired (what there was of it) gentleman and a couple other fellows that commanded their stations behind four banks of catalogs 5' each. They knew those books inside and out. The counter had chips miising out of it and was oil soaked. There was a engine machine shop in the back ran by two true machinists. That NAPA store kept my dads old junk construction machinery puttering along as well as most of the farmers machinery here in Eastern WA. Yes, I had drive to the store and be patient until they got to me, but usually what ever kind of mechanical disaster I had, I would either leave with the fix in hand or on the way with the confidence that it WOULD work. Twin City Motor Supply, I miss you. bjr

/ online parts shopping / lookup
art said:
NAPA's have different sources of batterys depending on location as well as owners preference.

On the site you have the option to search a store or to buy online. one would assume the online would have a battery application to search.. etc... because you can buy online and then pick it up at a store.. etc..

soundguy

/ online parts shopping / lookup
Thanks for the link.

We carry interstate at work.. so i'm going to browse the truck when he comes to replenish our stock on monday!

soundguy