Open center Closed center?

/ Open center Closed center? #61  
Rick
In my initial post referring to my brainwashing while attending a JD sales meeting what you stated was what I was trying to state. I guess what I stated didn't come across that way.

I just found it difficult to believe JD would engage in 'brainwashing'. I always figured it was coincidental that Deere belittled the use of ___________ (insert feature or design here) right up to the point where they claimed to invent it:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Open center Closed center? #62  
I just found it difficult to believe JD would engage in 'brainwashing'. I always figured it was coincidental that Deere belittled the use of ___________ (insert feature or design here) right up to the point where they claimed to invent it:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now take it easy or you're going to hurt my feelings. Even though I grew up on JD's,worked for a JD dealer who BTW was my brother,own JD equipment my eyes are open and I own equipment of several different colors/brands. I buy whatever color I think is the best for me and will do the best job.

/ Open center Closed center? #63  
Farmerford, and all others
I know this post is very old but as a city slicker that finally got to live past concrete sidewalks thank you for the Hyd lessons. I am 71 ( would be 72 but sick a year ) and just got my first tractor about 5 years ago. It was laid up for about a year but I love it. It is a Yanmar 2500 with a front bucket and rear bush hog.
Just had the control valve resealed ( hope it holds till I can afford a new one) Didn't know ANYTHING about tractors but with the help of the net and people like you who are willing to take time to explain things to newbies and old newbies I have learned about tractors and implements and safe operations. Not as much as I would like but still a lot. I found a manual on line for my tractor and Tractor By Net has been next best thing to a Bible to me.
I just want to say thanks again to people like you and J.J. and so many others that I can't name. Some of these people come from all over the world. Some times when I get free time ,I like to just sit and read things on this site. Everyone here is friendly,helpful,funny,and good people. Not like city people. Guess that's why I always wanted to go country. Wife and I finally got the chance in the mid 80's. We live on 2 acres mostly wooded which is nothing to what some of you have but we are very happy.
Thanks again.
Waskom John

/ Open center Closed center? #64  
Farmerford, and all others
I know this post is very old but as a city slicker that final < snip >

Thanks again.
Waskom John

I envy you, John, had to sell ALL my toys (JD-401-C w/lots of goodies) and move from the 5 acre sandbar (Florida) to Trenton, Ga on top of Sand Mountain to 1.6 acres. (even tried to buy back ALL my toys and give my buddy a handsome profit, he said NO) 'Drats'. Anyway, I too am clickin' at your heels, made my entrance into the world the day before FDR checked out, yeah, good ..... Let's see where was I? Oh, yeah, tractors and valves. I did have a great time making myself a 'brush-rake' with the help of this list in explaining open/closed type valves. (got tons of valves at a junk yard stripping old forklifts, but that's another story, lots of fun, cost being, wait for it...... $0.50/lb. I even bought the hydralic fluid, 37 gallons, for the same price, what a deal)

So, enjoy, I went to an auction recently and looked at that orange one but they wanted way too much. Well time will tell.
Mike

/ Open center Closed center? #65  
Hydroholi
thanks for the come back.
Been out in this 91 temp (fall??) cutting up some pallets I got at a auction. Didn't buy the pallets,bough some doors but the pallets came with them. Had a mill works sell off some surplus. Bought about 50 solid core 8 foot by 4 foot birch doors. Going to use them to panel a 12 by 24 foot building I hope to use as a work shop. Got a bunch of other doors but most for commercial property. Had the buildings for about 10 years but filled them with things from auctions. We buy and resale. Guess some call us horse traders. No we do not deal in live stock but have 4 inside dogs.
I love junk yards, clearance sales ,yard sales if people are just trying to get rid of things not to make money.
I buy cheap and sell cheap but make a little money. Have a booth at local flea market and make enough to pay rent for 2 booths. Like giving good deserving people a good deal, but will go overboard to stiff a jerk.
Well cooled down enough to go back out and work up another sweat.
Again thanks for the come back.

/ Open center Closed center? #66  
Hydroholi
thanks for the come back.
Been out in this 91 temp <snip>

Hi John,

Good thing I don't live near you. I DO buy like crazy and have fun at it. Garths' auction in Pensacola, Fl was my Achilles heal, along with the UWF college auctions. Yeah, me too I'd give the stuff away but my wife won't let me, actually we did after the flood in April 2014. We're now in Trenton, Ga and I'm looking to get into it again. Well it's nice talking to you, have fun with the tractor, sniff, wish I had mine back.

Mike

/ Open center Closed center? #67  
John, you and your wife are an inspiration, :thumbsup: I guess your never too old to learn things.

/ Open center Closed center? #68  
Very interesting right from the beginning. Great learning tool.
Thanks to all.