Operating loader without rear ballast

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #32  
I agree with LD1 and Raydakub

And special thanks to the artistry of Boggen for this jem that helped us understand what a tractor looks like - lol. Can I have this for my avatar?

View attachment 292924

Seriously, Boggen I want it!

use the noted picture to your hearts content, you asked, good enuf for me, to return the respect.

Thanks BOGGEN
"boggen" tractor coloring fun on T B N
save the image and paste in paint
here is mine:)
View attachment 292927View attachment 292929

wow! little bit of color. really made that pic! nice job!

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #33  
Thanks BOGGEN
"boggen" tractor coloring fun on T B N
save the image and paste in paint
here is mine:)
View attachment 292927View attachment 292929

Wow nice work Big Dooley. I did mine in Red. I may add the back hoe not sure yet. The best thing about these is you can add ANY attachment you want!

stick man tractor MF.png

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #34  
Wow nice work Big Dooley. I did mine in Red. I may add the back hoe not sure yet. The best thing about these is you can add ANY attachment you want!

View attachment 293044

Yea!
Looking sharp
Maybe we could get boggen to draw some attachments?

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #36  
if the tractor is a 4x4 just keep it in 4 wheel drive when you lift anything ..it will save your *** trust me been there done that

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #37  
if the tractor is a 4x4 just keep it in 4 wheel drive when you lift anything ..it will save your *** trust me been there done that

Yes, 4wd is good to use no matter WHAT you lift. But it still isnt a safe substitute for proper ballast

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #38  
The two fulcrum point explanation fits my experience. My JD510 is a 20,000 lb machine, and would guess roughly 90% of that weight is on the rear.

I like to use it to compact soil during construction projects. I heap the front bucket with gravel and to put more of that weight on the rear for compaction purposes the backhoe boom is lowered slightly with the stick extended outward so as to move most of the backhoe weight farther aft. There are times when the backhoe bucket is full of gravel too. What this does is transfers much of the gravel weight in the front bucket to the rear tires for more compaction. This is a two wheel drive unit, so if the front becomes too light to steer, the brakes can be used to assist the steering.

The whole point in this discussion, is adding and transferring weight to the rear has the tendency to lift the front.

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #39  
I am posting late in this thread. My dealer won't sell a new tractor with a FEL unless the rear tires have ballast. Just a thought.

/ Operating loader without rear ballast #40  
OK! Here's my question. Want to use my EX450 for truck garden farming. If the rear tires are loaded, will this tend to compact the soil and negate the tilling process? Would it be better to load the rears or to fabricate a load box that could be picked up on the 3 point when using the FEL and dropped when farming?