Operating PTO implement out of seat?

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #11  
I have a similar issue with my 5740 - the dealer wont tell me how to disable the sensor for liability reasons. His suggestion was to just get someone else to come along to operate the winch clutch. I have put together components to run a hydraulic control for the rope so I can run it within the cab but it's not an ideal solution.

I think there's some way of using a zip tie to hold down the sensor.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #12  
one day the little plastic lever that activates the microswitch if you're not on the seat got caught under part of the wire harness next to it and it got held down. "For some reason" now I don't have to lift the seat up to operate my winch...the engine stays running. Is the wiring harness close to your little white lever?
simonmeridew

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #13  
You never confirmed if this is a HST or not.
If it is and you get off of the tractor with the PTO OFF does the tractor stop, even without tipping up the seat? It should not. If it does it is probably because the HST pedal is not centering. If the HST pedal is not centering it will stop running when you get off whether the seat is tipped up or not. Tap the pedal one way or the other to get is centered. If that corrects it there is an adjustment you can make so the pedal is not so sensitive.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #14  
You never confirmed if this is a HST or not.
If it is and you get off of the tractor with the PTO OFF does the tractor stop, even without tipping up the seat? It should not. If it does it is probably because the HST pedal is not centering. If the HST pedal is not centering it will stop running when you get off whether the seat is tipped up or not. Tap the pedal one way or the other to get is centered. If that corrects it there is an adjustment you can make so the pedal is not so sensitive.

It's a B3030, I think the only transmission option on that model is HST, I don't think there is a gear version.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat?
It's a B3030, I think the only transmission option on that model is HST, I don't think there is a gear version.

Your are correct sir, the B3030 only comes as a hydrostatic transmission. And yes, as long as the PTO isn't engaged I can get on and off of the tractor all day long without killing the engine so I don't think it's a pedal centering issue. I suspect it has something to do with the switches under the seat - there are two. One is directly under the seat and is depressed when the seat is occupied. The second one is on the front of the seat bracket and is depressed by a leaf spring on the underside of the seat when it is tilted forward. Of course there's apparently a switch that senses when the PTO is placed in the ON position too. I played with the two seat switches a little this weekend but never could get it to stay running. I really needed to get some trees cleared while the weather was good so couldn't spend a lot of time on the problem. It's not a serious issue - more of a work efficiency issue. It's just more tiring than it should be having to climb on and off of the tractor to winch in logs. You never know, a bag of chains may have to sit on the seat sometimes.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #16  
I'd be frustrated too if I couldn't run the tractor as a stationary PTO. Do you still have warranty on the machine? This sounds like a problem you should have the dealer fix because it sounds like there might be a crossed wire or faulty switch some place.

Hate to bump this thread back up but I've not yet solved my PTO operational problem. I talked to the service manager at my Kubota dealer and he was very helpful by copying the PTO "Safety Switch" pages for me out of their shop manual. It appears that there are 5 switches:
1. PTO Shift Lever Switch (Rear,Both,Mid) - on top of transmission case.
2. Independent PTO Lever Switch (Engaged,Disengaged) - on top of transmission case.
3. Seat switch (Operator presence) - under seat.
4. Seat Tilt switch - front edge of seat bracket.
5. HST Pedal switch (neutral position sensor?) - located ??

Both of the seat switches are obviously easy to get to, but the PTO switches are on top of the transmission case and not easily accessable (at least to me). The manager missed the pase showing the location of the HST Pedal switch which I assume is somewhere on the transmission case also. Anyone know where it is? Me dealer isn't nearby so it may be a while before I can look at their service manual again.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #18  
If all you are trying to do is keep the tractor running when you get out of the seat (with the PTO engaged), then one might assume that you might unplug the safety switch under the seat and just run a short jumper wire from the pos. to the neg. Worst case scenario might be to have to snip the two wires and connect them together....... which would be a little more permanent.

I really hate to defeat the safety switches and/or start cutting wires or jumping things if all I really need to do is make a minor adjustment on one of the switches or just replace a faulty one. They might come in real handy if God forbid I were to roll her over while mowing a hill. A bungee putting downward pressure on the seat is a much less permanent (though temporary) solution.

/ Operating PTO implement out of seat? #20  
I don't understand the problem.
When I use my PTO chipper, I set the parking brake, put the tractor tranny into N, climb out, raise the seat forward so it rests on the steering wheel, raise the throttle, slowly engage the PTO while standing beside the tractor, then run the RPM's up to 540. The seat must be raised up and rest on the steering wheel to disengage all sensor switches. If you just climb out and leave the seat in its normal position the PTO will not engage.