OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #141  
Whew! Just spent a couple of hours going through this thread and I have learned one thing - not to let my wife read it. :)

As a newbie that will not get his tractor for several weeks I
have time to read through the posting here a few times, but if my wife read about all the things that can go wrong and having been with me for 38 years I would be afraid that the only tractor I would be getting is one made by Mattel.

You are all to be commended for your willingness to give help and I look forward to a lot of years, or is that hours, using this site.

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES #142  
Good Day Lacal,....WELCOME ABOARD!! Glad you have taken the time to get yourself aquainted with some of the experiences, (good and bad) of others. Don't let it scare you,...just use common sense and always remember that the tractor and its implements "can" be dangerous,.....so treat 'em with respect.

Lots of great tips to learn, some to be ware of,..just be careful,...and your tractor will be extremely useful to you, (and save your back) as well as being the source of many, many, happy and fun hours!!! ENJOY!

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ OPERATIONAL TIPS FOR NEWBIES
As i pulled stumps today a couple things came to mind for this thread
-1 mosquitoes were about to haul me off, and my allergies were going crazy, so instead of foggin myself down I sprayed the ROPS with some Cutter brand repelant. All of a sudden they were gone and left me alone for the rest of the day. The metal did not absorb the stuff so I guess it made a little anti mosquito boundry around me. This might work for you?
-2 my b3030 does not weigh that much and my property is on the side of a hill, I found that if I backed up the hill to run the BH then gravity was even more on my side, and was not constantly gettin closer and closer to the stump.
-3 every stump is different around here, I always dig a complete circle around the stump to identify the roots, then one by one I use the teeth to cut them. I always leave about 2 feet of truck so that I can get leverage to remove the stump.

good luck all!!