Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL #11  
Here is a shot of the HST from our tractors. I don't see any planetary gears in the schematics to the front or rear either.

had my yanmar since 2014 summer. I also purchased the oem backhoe, oem 3rd function, and a couple of fancy attachments from EA. I have about 20 acres and the Tractor does everything i need it to do. I had an issue with the hydraulics last year, and because the dealer is a smaller dealer, it took some time to get it addressed. In addition the tech at the dealer was not a yanmar expert, and Yanmar doesnt really have any 'field agents'. eventually though, the problem was fixed, new pump, valves, oils, connectors (basically yanmar was throwing parts at it). The dealer was awesome about it, yanmar was good too. they eventually sent out a field technician and let me watch him work on it. that was nice.

Parts waiting time sucks if they have to get it from Japan, 1-2 weeks to import (including customs), then transit time from Georgia to the dealer, which in my case was another 5 days. So basically 3 weeks to get parts that are not in stock in GA.

Other than that, the tractor is a beast, has a good weight, lots of power, solid frame and loader. I use it more like a skid steer than a tractor.. which means I beat it up. with the EA root grapple, I pick up LARGE logs... has great loader capacity. Anyway, if you go Yanmar, you wont be disappointed. The machine is pretty good, i would say my hydraulic issue was a fluke. I haven't heard of any others being an issue.

View attachment 494418

The final drive planetary gears people refer to are gears that actually drive the rear axles. They are in the axle housing that bolts on to the side of the housing in your parts diagram. The planetary gears are in the bulge right at the interface of the axel housing and the main transmission housing. Planetary gears do a good job of transmitting high torque because inherently the load is on more tooth surface across more tooth root than a given size spur gear, ie more compact than spur gear. More expensive than spur gears but smoother and higher torque capability. Its what bulldozers and heavy earth moving equipment uses. Planetary gears that is.

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL #12  
The final drive planetary gears people refer to are gears that actually drive the rear axles. They are in the axle housing that bolts on to the side of the housing in your parts diagram. The planetary gears are in the bulge right at the interface of the axel housing and the main transmission housing. Planetary gears do a good job of transmitting high torque because inherently the load is on more tooth surface across more tooth root than a given size spur gear, ie more compact than spur gear. More expensive than spur gears but smoother and higher torque capability. Its what bulldozers and heavy earth moving equipment uses. Planetary gears that is.

Thank you for correcting me. I only looked at the dif housing front and rear... there is another section 'final drive', shows the planetary gear. Thanks again.
final drive.png

as for the manual, I got lucky when I had issues with my hydraulics... somehow I convinced the yanmar tech to mail me a copy. the next week a couple dvd's showed up in the mail.

yard

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL #13  
Get a cab, hard or soft. I'd reccomend a snowblower - faster than the bucket for plowing snow. If you go with the plow, make sure it angles. You want it to be as good as your truck for plowing, not a step backwards.
Goodluck.

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL #14  
Have you been to Watermans ? They carry Yanmar and Massey and are great people to deal with.

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL
Have you been to Watermans ? They carry Yanmar and Massey and are great people to deal with.

Thanks for all of the info guys! Yeah- I pulled the trigger on the LX4500 w/ a 84" Erskine MFG hydraulic angle snowplow on the FEL. Also got it at Watermans, Bob was an excellent guy to work with, real down to earth and didn't try to up sell. Hopefully it will be delivered the beginning of next week!

/ Opinions on "leftover" LX4500 w/ FEL #16  
Thanks for all of the info guys! Yeah- I pulled the trigger on the LX4500 w/ a 84" Erskine MFG hydraulic angle snowplow on the FEL. Also got it at Watermans, Bob was an excellent guy to work with, real down to earth and didn't try to up sell. Hopefully it will be delivered the beginning of next week!

Very Awesome! you shouldnt be disappointed. make sure you post pictures of your new tractor when it arrives!