Opinions on trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Opinions on trucks #401  
your new truck and mine are almost identical paint wise,, I already have the side steps, tonneau cover and bedliner installed,, I have a fold down console too, so I could take six if need be. I have different wheels and tires, at least it seems this way from your picture,... anyway, enjoy, and have many happy miles with your truck. I plan to have many miles with mine as soon as I get over turning the key, waiting for a start light :)
First gas engine for me since the late 80's and it takes some getting use to.

/ Opinions on trucks
Looking good LarryRB. What sort of teflon coat did you get? The paint on my 10 year old Accord faded badly in some spots and I'd like to keep this truck for longer and have it still look good.

I don't like to spend the time myself waxing and it gets expensive paying someone to do it 3 or 4 times year.

I'm interested in learing what products might be out there that would protect the paint and require fewer applications.

/ Opinions on trucks #403  
that is not a picture of my truck, but MDM and it is he, that has the tephlon paint over... I'll see if I can take a picture that is bigger than what I showed earlier,,

/ Opinions on trucks #404  
Mine will seat 6. It has the fold down console, but there is a seat belt there. Here is the final pic after I added the bugsheild, running boards, mudflaps and bedliner. I also had a teflon paint treatment done. It is supposed to last 5 years and eliminated the need for waxing.
104_0237.jpg

I had that Teflon coating put on one of my trucks. I think it was my '91 S-10. Forget what it cost me, but it is some of the worst money I ever spent. You couldn't wax the truck because it would haze, but it would dull down really bad so you would have to go back and use their special cleaner on it. It would look nice for awhile again, but then dulled quickly. It was much harder to "polish" vs. a normal wax. It was kind of expensive too. Something like $13 (remember early 90s pricing) and it only did 2 applications on the S/10. At that time, a good tub of Turtle Wax was only $1.50.

/ Opinions on trucks #405  
Well,

I just went outside and tried again. Last week the pictures were so small no one could see them. This time I just snapped 3 quick shots, downloaded and didn't send them through resize first,, Now that I see the two pictures together, they are different paint colors So,,,

Attachments

• truck62092.jpg
    truck62092.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 67
  • truck62093.jpg
    truck62093.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 68
  • truck6209a.jpg
    truck6209a.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 63
   / Opinions on trucks #406  
The teflon treatment was something new Chrysler was offering. I think it was called Enviroshield. It cost $300 and it is about a 3 - 4 hr process to apply it. I'm not supposed to have to wax it. Just wash with soap and water to get a showroom shine. It is very slick. I can place a towel on the flatest part of the hood and it will slide right off. It is supposed to last 5 yrs, but we'll see. I really didn't want the treatment, but my wife falls for the after the sale crap like the paint protection and extended warranty.

/ Opinions on trucks #407  
I Googled Enviroshield and didn't see anything right off on paint protection. But I remembered the name of mine and it was called TST 5000. Got lots of hits on that. Mine looked great (black) when it was first done. Sounds like yours. You could lay a towel on the hood and it would just slide off. Could hardly stand up in the bed of it becuase it was so slick. For your sake, hopefully they've improved it, but I won't get it again. From the search, looks like there are some that like it and some like me that won't have it again. It was pretty new when I got it, so maybe they have improved it. Mine was applied by a 3rd party the dealer was hooked up with. It took about 4 hours to apply it. I'm thinking it cost me around $250 at that time. Did it come with a bottle of cleaner?

/ Opinions on trucks
Looks even sharper in the grey. My own Ford is grey. I like the dark colours but they are impossible to keep clean. I'm stuck on Silver, Grey etc. light colours for practicality now.

/ Opinions on trucks #409  
Getting into this a little late but when I bought the Sunline I went with a new 2007 Ford F150. In retrospect, it was an excellent decision. The towing capability of the 5.4 with the 3.73 ratio axle is awesome. It takes the 25ft TT in stride and has never had even a slightly hard time towing, no matter how steep the grade. It has done better than I thought it would. Very happy with the level of comfort, as well.:)
CarogaLakeParkandSunlineandF150024.jpg

/ Opinions on trucks #410  
My brother in law bought a new F-250 last year with the 5.4L. Needless to say, he was impressed when he drove my new truck. He said mine road much better and than his and his motor "didn't have nothing like that" when he punched the hemi down. Really doesn't mean much though cause he has a nice truck and I like Ford trucks as well. I was actually set on a Ford based on my intenet shopping, but ended up liking the Dodges most after I looked at them all. Hard to beat all the incentives and lifetime powertrain warranty. Plus I get to deduct all of the sales tax on my return next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.