Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #11  
I'm pretty sure it is a very new thing (maybe 2009). See the post from DK35 above. I think he's right on from what I can tell.

I'm not suggesting you buy one Tom but I would certainly suggest you don't let the post you read about the troubles scare you off. It's a completely different tractor. Along with that, it's not going to have much history to research either.

I've considered looking at them myself since they are close but have decided I'm going the Kioti route this time. They have exceptionally strong loaders. I had a chance to check them out recently and they are very, very nice.

I had a Kubota last and although it was a good tractor, it was really a bare bones tractor, the L3400. To match what I can get in the Kioti with a Kubota, it would take about $5000 extra. I'd rather spend the 5K on implements.

Good luck on your search.

I think you're in the same boat I was in for a while: research, research, research. There are some smart people on this forum. I've really picked a lot here. You have to watch though, there are some that are so brand loyal that there is very little if any objectivity in their comments. I do believe that is a small minority. For the most part, there seems to be good brand loyalty with the realization that other manufacturers produce good products.

The Kubota guys always tell me Kioti is good but they are tough to get parts for them. I haven't had a single Kioti guy tell me that yet. I hope the Kubota guys are not right;)

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #12  
The problem I see withe the whole MTD situation is they seem to bounce from one manufacturer to another. I see buying a tractor as a long term investment. What happens in a few years when MTD gets another company to make there tractors? The yanmar parts will slowly become harder and harder to find.
I have never seen anything but great quality fron any type of equipment built by Yanmar. I wish Yanmar would just import there equipment and set up a network of dealers. I think they would do great. I would have no problem buying a Yanmar in that situation. However I would never buy a Cub Cadet/Yanmar.

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #13  
Tom, when a dealer that sells Cub and would be glad to sell you parts, tells you they are iffy to get parts for that should answer all your questions.If parts are hard to get now whats it going to be like in 5 yrs.
Bill

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #14  
I have a 2000 Cub Cadet 7205 which I bought used from my neighbor a few years back. He went out and bought a new CC 7530. Both of these units were built by Mitsubishi.

My experience with the 7205 has been very good. Parts are readily available (albeit the filters are a bit pricey) from either a Cub or Mahindra dealer. The Mahindra 2015 is the same tractor, different color. Other than normal maintenance I have just replaced a broken hydraulic line and a worn fuel line.

My neighbor with the 7530 ("yellowandbeige") has had nothing but good things to say about his. I do know that it is a LOT quieter than mine with that turbo. I think it is a 2006 but I am not sure. You might want to drop him a PM for more info.

Don't know anything specific about the Yanmar units for CC but I do know that Yanmar makes a good engine.

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #15  
The Kubota guys always tell me Kioti is good but they are tough to get parts for them. I haven't had a single Kioti guy tell me that yet. I hope the Kubota guys are not right;)
I've owned a Kioti for 8 or 9 years now.
Getting parts are certainly not a issue from what I have noticed.
Nor have I read about other Kioti owners having any type of problem getting parts.
Some dealers carry more parts in stock than others, but thats true with most any brand/dealers.

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #17  
Hooked,
, but I did find that several owners were having problems with a glow plug/fuel solenoid. I also found someone on a forum on a different site who said that buying a Cub was the worst decision he'd ever made, and that his tractor had been in the shop multiple times for front end and tranny problems. He may be one in a thousand, but that's good enough for me. I'm staying away from Cub Cadet.

We did sell Cub Cadet compacts at one time, but stopped because of problems with parts support. Its never a good thing when there are extra middlemen in the process. How much incentive does daedong (or whoever) have in maintinaing and supporting a customer who's tractor says cub cadet on the side? Its in their best interest to only hang onto parts while its profitable since its cub cadets reputation taking the hit when they drop the ball.

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please
Thanks to everybody for all of your help, you made the decision a "no brainer".

Tom

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #19  
Ive been ordering all my parts from Messicks online and they useually come in Kioti boxes. Ive been real saiticfied with their parts supply for Cub Cadet parts. Now if your worried about the name Cub Cadet just by a Kioti and then buy their parts its the same part.

100_3093.jpg

/ Opinions RE: Cub Cadet Please #20  
The way I understand it Yanmar demanded a bit of quid pro quo from JD after a long relationship building their compacts since the 80's they had the audacity to ask them to put the Yanmar name after the JD. The boys in green refused so they struck a deal with Cub Cadet. I think 2008 was the first year of Cub Cadet Yanmar tractors. Knowing Yanmar I would not hesitate to buy one of these tractors. I am actually looking at the EX450 with FEL.