Optimizing towing vehicle

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #11  
Save money not getting a deeper trans pan and get a gage to monitor transmission temp.

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #12  
Trans cooler, deeper trans pan, tow tune, good brakes(ceramic pads are not good for towing)
What are the downsides to ceramic brakes while towing?

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #13  
I just reread your original post and saw you only had 23K miles so the truck should have good brakes, still may have ceramic pads. Those trucks are known for rusty rotors and brake lines so you may want to inspect that stuff. If you really want to spend money those trucks have 2 sizes of rotors on them. If your truck has the smaller rotors you could upgrade to the larger ones. Flushing the brake fluid would be a good idea if it never has been done.

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #14  
What are the downsides to ceramic brakes while towing?

Ceramic brakes run hotter. They don't get rid of the heat like semi-metallic brakes, they actually hold heat.

/ Optimizing towing vehicle
I have had a brake line replaced in the back last year so the system was flushed and checked. I'm not really wanting to spend money. Want to increase the towing capacity by swapping to a 4.10 gear so that I have a little bit more margin and need to keep the back from sagging, as the headlights aim too high. With my tractor including the front loader at about 5000-5500 lbs and the trailer at 2500 lbs and the max towing at 7900 I'm at the maximum. Thanks

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #16  
It is a 4x4, if you change the rear, you must also change the front diff too.

How about a nice rusty 3/4 ton and then wing it over to a trusted tech and tell him he has $1000 to fix everything he sees going out?

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #17  
I have had a brake line replaced in the back last year so the system was flushed and checked. I'm not really wanting to spend money. Want to increase the towing capacity by swapping to a 4.10 gear so that I have a little bit more margin and need to keep the back from sagging, as the headlights aim too high. With my tractor including the front loader at about 5000-5500 lbs and the trailer at 2500 lbs and the max towing at 7900 I'm at the maximum. Thanks

It sounds like you should be fine then. Does the trailer have brakes on both axles? If it doesn't you may want to add brakes to the other axle. It would not be too expensive to do. If you have brakes on both axles I would still check and adjsut the brakes.

/ Optimizing towing vehicle #18  
Weight distributing hitch maybe?

/ Optimizing towing vehicle
Weight distributing hitch maybe?
I got the cat 5 hitch because with the pintle hitch can't use a weight distributing hitch. Trailer has brakes on both axles. replaced all bearings and brakes are in perfect shape.