Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers. #11  
My first Jeep was a mid 50's Willys Wagoneer. The one out front now is also a wagon but quite a bit different. It would be a much nicer vehicle to own and drive if we could eliminate some of the automatic safety features.....Can't even sit with the drivers door open and listen to the radio without a warning buzzer....When trying to hook up the trailer, the tailgate locks when we move the truck to line up the trailer ball.

The self locking doors is one safety feature I could live without! I will not buy an other vehicle unless they can disable it before I drive it off the lot.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers. #12  
And if you run out of gas in it you will have to pay close to 30 bucks for a gas can that will spill more gas than it pours because it also has safety devices :D
I am sick of being saved from myself by regulation.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers. #13  
I've ever needed to buy one part for a tractor and was amazed how inexpensive it was. Haven't had your same experience.
I haven't had to buy anything other than maintenance items BUT $15 for a fuel filter that is about as large as your thumb and half as long doesn't sound inexpensive to me or almost $50 for a hydraulic oil filter. They are still just filters no more nor less than an automobile filter that cost 1/4th of that and does the same thing.

It is just tractors either, I just bought HST filters (2)for my lawnmower and engine oil filter and the total was over $34 for all, almost $12 each for the little HST filters that were about the same size as the engine oil filter (2" OD x 2.5" long) Ridiculous since an automotive oil filter can be had for less than $5.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers. #14  
The self locking doors is one safety feature I could live without! I will not buy an other vehicle unless they can disable it before I drive it off the lot.
Most cars have a lock out feature that can be programmed to either lock all the doors at 10 MPH or NOT. It would be nice to also have them able to unlock automatically if you wanted.

What I really hated was the automatic seat belt that came up and over you when you put the car in gear. It partially strangled a lot of folks when that happened. I guess a few lawsuits happened because it seems that only lasted a year or so in certain models. I never owned one but did ride in a few and they were a PIA.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers.
I haven't had to buy anything other than maintenance items BUT $15 for a fuel filter that is about as large as your thumb and half as long doesn't sound inexpensive to me or almost $50 for a hydraulic oil filter. They are still just filters no more nor less than an automobile filter that cost 1/4th of that and does the same thing.

It is just tractors either, I just bought HST filters (2)for my lawnmower and engine oil filter and the total was over $34 for all, almost $12 each for the little HST filters that were about the same size as the engine oil filter (2" OD x 2.5" long) Ridiculous since an automotive oil filter can be had for less than $5.
Wait till you get to seals and gaskets. One of the first things I did (about 25 years ago) was figure out which Fram oil filter Ford was painting pretty blue and selling for $18.95. It turned out to be a WIX that is used on many Nissan pick-ups and other vehicles. Bought them from the local auto parts for around $4 thereafter.

/ Orange is the new black. And SCUTS and CUTS are the new Jet Ski for retired Boomers. #16  
Most cars have a lock out feature that can be programmed to either lock all the doors at 10 MPH or NOT. It would be nice to also have them able to unlock automatically if you wanted.

Yes my owners manual has a procedure to turn the system off, Good luck with that! At first it worked and the doors stopped locking but they all of a sudden started locking themselves again and now no matter how many times I try they don't stop. Best bet for me now would be to cut some wires I guess!

I drove a car with the automatic seat belts for about a month. I think I drove it twice with the seat belts actually hooked up then after that I decided it was less annoying to drive around with the light on the dash flashing and the ding ding sound coming from the warning buzzer. Turn the radio up and ignore it!