Ordered a 5609 today

/ Ordered a 5609 today #81  
Forgot you mentioning the Equine Savings..

I am starting to look at zero turns. I checked your posts to see if you had anything to say about the Lazer but found nothing.

How do you like it?

My Cub mower requires way too much repair and I have to do it myself because the repair places near me would leave me mower-less for too long.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
The Lazer Z we have is a diesel with a 72" deck. We have not had any issues with the motor or drive on the mower. We had some problems with the electrical system which took some time to track down, but our mower has a couple thousand hours on it. Things will happen over time. Some people don't like the mule belts. I prefer having the two mule belts and one drive belt. Yes, that is three belts compared to some other mower's single drive belt. However, I would rather spend $25~40 to replace a single mule belt than $150 to replace a main drive belt.

We do have a beef with how difficult it is to work on and reach certain areas of the machine. However, we do not know if these issues apply to all Lazers or just our particular model.

It does cut very well and we do about 10 acres per week with ours. It does see some use. And I would not hesitate to look at another one today if we were going to replace ours. When you look at them, see how easy it is to reach the oil filler cap, look to see if all the myriad of bolts that hold shields in place (particular between the seat and motor compartment) have bolts with loose nuts on them (the nuts should at least be spot welded to frame). Small things like that would make maintenance much easier.

They are good machines, but not perfect.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #83  
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My cub only has 450 hours on it and it seems like I am in the process of replacing every part on it.

The guys at the parts counter are amazed it's still going.

I'll give them a look and with the equine savings, might be a no brainer.

/ Ordered a 5609 today
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My cub only has 450 hours on it and it seems like I am in the process of replacing every part on it.

The guys at the parts counter are amazed it's still going.

I'll give them a look and with the equine savings, might be a no brainer.

We had the same issues with the smaller lawn & garden type tractors. We were replacing them every 1 to 3 years depending on the make and model. We bought a diesel powered Kubota lawn & garden about 27 years ago and it is still going. But, it had a relatively small cutting deck at 48". With the Lazer and its 72" deck, I can cut about 3 times as quickly as with the Kubota. I don't remember how old the Lazer is.. figure about 7 to 8 years old?

/ Ordered a 5609 today
Upgraded the speakers in the cab with some Focals to go along with the Alpine head unit. Tractor is quiet enough that having decent tunes makes a difference. Would it be wrong to put an amp and subwoofer in my tractor?

/ Ordered a 5609 today #86  
The 5600 is 10 steps up from a 4600 and not really much bigger in overall size.
I'm looking at a 4608 and it's quite a step up from my 1540 and 1643. It's simply a lot of tractor compared to the compact line.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #87  
I'm looking at a 4608 and it's quite a step up from my 1540 and 1643. It's simply a lot of tractor compared to the compact line.

A full size utility tractor? Huge leap. The 5600 is about the same size and more money too. Way cooler though.

/ Ordered a 5609 today #88  
I was taking a look at the specs, It looks like a 3cyl 3.3l that puts out 90HP that's a stout little motor, and that trany seems like something out of the space shuttle. Nice Tractor.