Ordered a new 2520

/ Ordered a new 2520 #1  

Kep

Silver Member
With 200cx loader, 62D deck and a 647 tiller. Total came to 20,530. :)

/ Ordered a new 2520 #2  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ Ordered a new 2520
Thanks all! I have been working towards buying a new tractor for 2 years. I looked at everyone I could find in the this area and chose Deere for many reasons, but in the end I just like green, the dealer is close and after talking with him last spring he seemed like the one I would like to do bussiness with.

At the start I knew nothing about buying a tractor, the model numbering system ment nothing to me. With the help of everyone here I learned what I needed to know to make an informed descion and I knew what was a good fair price, the dealer made it easy. I told him what I wanted and he gave me a very fair quote without any questions at all. He called back Tuesday after realizing he forgot to include the hood guard and told me he found a tractor at one of the other stores and wondered if I'd take that one with a bigger bucket and it had the hood guard..and he would eat the cost on both of those. Still have to wait for the mower and tiller to come in but I'm in no hurry at this point. All in all it's been a great experiance.

/ Ordered a new 2520
Tractor is at the dealership, I'll have to get a picture tommorrow. It's setting right next to a new combine, that makes it look pretty small. ;)

/ Ordered a new 2520 #7  
Kep said:
At the start I knew nothing about buying a tractor, the model numbering system ment nothing to me.

And the model numbers are still largely a mystery, even after buying one.

If you go over to one of the vintage tractor groups and announce that you bought a JD 2520, they'll think you have something completely different.

I also have a JD 316 garden tractor. Not the Kohler powered, closed frame one, but the Onan powered, open frame one. Now, that's confusing.

I think Deere has run out of numbers several times. They should start using dot releases, which means you have bought a 2520.3.

/ Ordered a new 2520
Dropped by the dealer and took a few photos, it's going to be anouther 3 weeks or so before the tiller and mower deck come in. :)

Attachments

• DSC00432.JPG
    DSC00432.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC00433.JPG
    DSC00433.JPG
    378.9 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC00434.JPG
    DSC00434.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC00435.JPG
    DSC00435.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 276
   / Ordered a new 2520 #9  
Looking good!

Now is a good time to check it over to see if there are any issues (dents, scratches, etc.) that they need to take care of before delivering it to you and make the dealer aware of it.

Might also want to check it over once more after they've added any dealer-installed equipment. Mine had a nice big scratch in the rear fender from careless wrench handling while installing the power beyond.

/ Ordered a new 2520 #10  
Looking good Kep:thumbsup:
Enjoy your new machine.
Personally,I think the 61" bucket fits the 2520 and 2720 better.
As for the guard,there shouldn't be any "extra" cost for this.
When you get a loader on either of these models it is included.At least it's supposed to be.:)

Greg