Dealer ordered ck 30 ...dealer was .....

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #11  
Sorry John, I have been on Kioti's web site every day for about three weeks and I still am not clear on how these transmissions work. If all the information was on their web site I wouldn't be here. One of the posts I read said that you either got a gear drive or a hst. The specs say either mechanical shuttle or synchronised shuttle or hst. I'm guessing the mechanical shuttle means there is no shuttle. So, if I understand correctly fully synchronised shuttle fully synchronised main means that you have your shifter for selecting your gear and another for selecting forward or reverse. You can change direction or gear without stopping the machine. If you put the shuttle in the center you are effectively in nuetral. I'm trying to correlate it to the Case 580 I drive which has the shuttle to let you change direction but you have to stop to change gear. Which I would guess that means the shuttle is synchronised but not the main.

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #12  
I don't see in the specs where the CK 25 and 30 comes in mechanical shuttle. It has a fully synchronised shuttle shift. That means you don't have to come to a stop to shift the lever into reverse or vice-versa. With a mechanical shuttle, you have to some to a stop before shifting the lever to reverse or vice-versa. The main gear for the CK 25 and 30 is synchronised, too. That means you don't have to come to a stop to change gears.

Do you have to stop before changing direction on you Case 580? If so, then it is a mechanical shuttle. If you don't have to come to a stop before changing directions, then it is synchronised. You are right, your 580 does not have a synchronised main gear.

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The specs say either mechanical shuttle or synchronised shuttle or hst. I'm guessing the mechanical shuttle means there is no shuttle. )</font>
The specs for the CK25/30 don't say anything about mechanical shuttle. As JayC stated, they have sychronized shuttle and main gear. As he explained, mechanical is a shuttle where you have to stop, change shuttle lever to F/R and go. Not necessary on sychro shuttle(you do have to push the clutch though on Kioti). It sometimes takes a while to understand all these different concepts until you've used them all! The DKs have sychro shuttle as well, and receive a lot of praise from their owners. I hope this helps. John

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #14  
rmal, do you have a phone number and address for service on site? thanks, ray

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As he explained, mechanical is a shuttle where you have to stop, change shuttle lever to F/R and go. Not necessary on sychro shuttle(you do have to push the clutch though on Kioti). )</font>
Kodiak Dave, one thing I should have pointed out is that both types of shuttle tractors are GEAR tractors. Not straight gear, but gear tractors nonetheless. The confusion may come from the CK20 only offering straight gear or HST. As I said before, not the case with the 25/30. They both offer synchronized shuttle and main gear or HST. I hope this is clearer. John

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was .....
Ray ..Service On Site Rt 31 ,Middleport NY 716 735 3691.Ray is sx motocross
Al

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #17  
KiotiJohn
Thanks for the info on the trannys and the great link to the pics you took! I am in the paper process of getting my CK25HST on the barge and up here. I decided to go with the HST as my property is VERY hilly and we will have a lot of loader work we will do. I wish I could make the leap to the CK 30 but its $1700 more from my dealer.
Thanks to All
Dave K

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the info on the trannys and the great link to the pics you took! )</font>
Hey you're welcome! Congratulations on the decision. I sure liked that tractor when I tried it out the other day. I especially liked that it had an extra range over my CK20. One hint about the HST on these CKs. There is a ring inside the HST connector that sometimes gets a little sticky. You will need to occasionally spray it with WD40 or PB Blaster to keep it from sticking. You'll be able to see where I'm talking about when you get it. You'll move the HST pedall and look down, just to the right of the middle platform and see where the pivot is moving when moving the pedal. There's a hole going in there, just spray up in there and you'll have no problem. This was a problem on my CK20 until someone at Kioti said to keep it lubed. I haven't had a sticking problem again. If you have any questions, let me know. John

/ ordered ck 30 ...dealer was ..... #19  
al, thanks for reply. the sx is for yamaha snowmobiles but i should change it to srx. ray