Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package?

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
Will be using on asphalt only do I need the skid shoes? Or drift cutter? Or any other options you can think of.
Thanks .
Going with the 5450

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #2  
I'd go for shoes and drift cutter. The cutter will add about 5-6 inches width to the blower and provide a slight increase in height of snow handled.

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #3  
I agree, go for the skid shoes.

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #4  
I would have thought that the skids would be included with the blower...every blower I've had came with them..Are you sure the seller isn't just gouging you for a few extra pesos?

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #5  
Actually, now that you mention it, my blower came with shoes. They are very expensive to replace! I wore one set out on my gravel, sand,rock etc drive.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #6  
I would advise you to buy the works. This way if you ever decide to order in the future and the model or brand is discontinued, you will be out of luck. If addition, you may be able to negotiate a good price for them when you buy the blower. The skids work great on the lawns before they freeze.

Attachments

• Meteorite Snow Blower.jpg
    Meteorite Snow Blower.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 238
   / Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package?
Pretty sure both dealers said there. Option, can anyone confirm?

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package? #8  
You sure need skid shoes, in fact when ever a guy blows on a gravel based road he even needs oversized shoes until a base is formed otherwise he blows gravel all over the place.
Drift cutters is somewhat a different thing as it depends a lot on your snow conditions, but being relatively inexpensive you should get them even if an extra$ item.
In my case with frequent and deep snow falls I made cutters that are actually 48" tall! (I simply used 5/16" X 4" flat stock and bolted to where the standard short drift cutters would normally be) The taller drift cutters are handy as they make for excellent visual guides as well.
I also equipped my cutters with reflectors so that when I back out of the drive the reflector is the first thing oncoming traffic sees. (I also always have my yellow beacon on as well.)

/ Ordering snowblower , do I need skid shoes or drift package?
I'm so pissed, just found a used 3 timesbx2750 with mount and shaft for 1400 bucks, he listed it this morning and was sold in 3 hours! Said he had 5 calls on it first day.