Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #1  

Bayfisher

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 5211
anyone used ospho to kill or neutralize surface rust in prep for paint, what was the outcome ?

Attachments

• 20181214_115048.jpg
    20181214_115048.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
   / Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #2  
anyone used ospho to kill or neutralize surface rust in prep for paint, what was the outcome ?

ABSOLUTELY ....YES!
I have used OSPHO for rusty metal prep for years.
Works great!

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint
Thanks, wait for good weather now.

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #6  
Uh Huh! Me Too!

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #7  
Good stuff,just make sure to prime and paint after it's ready. If object sit's around very long before it's painted,it will rust again.

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #8  
Really good stuff. I'm an engineer on a ship, we use it all the time for rust spots. Make sure the rims are really cleaned and degreased before applying. Let it sit for a good 24 hours before primer.
Also, don't get it on your skin and wear a respirator or work with it in a well ventilated area, it's pretty nasty. Good luck!

/ Ospho for tractor wheels in prep for paint #9  
It's the best way! When I was first introduced to the stuff I was unsure about it so i ran a test. I had some lamp posts along my driveway in Florida. Some I treated with Ospho before painting and the others were untreated. I used the spray can of galvanizing paint as a primer over both followed by the regular paint. The ones that were treated with Ospho outlasted the untreated ones many times over.