[OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box #11  
I dont' see them on his web page, but a friend of mine sells what he calls "trap" boxes, which are lock'able tool boxes designed to go on the tongue of most trailers. Very nice, good quality and the most durable you'll find.

Aluminum Pickup Truck Tool boxes from Truck-Tool-Box.com

I'll have to ask him why it's missing from his page. Just call, and they'll let you know how much, including shipping.

One thing I really like, is they do a cut-out on the box, so you can store your trailer plug inside the box. Not only does it keep the plug from corroding, but if someone takes your trailer, they won't have lights - increasing the possibility to get pulled over by the cops.

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box
To tie a ribbon on things, I just about went up in smoke trying to find a box that fit. Too big or too small.

Finally went with a little too small and fabricated a pair of aluminum channels to fit inside the tongue rails under the box. Mounted to rails w/ 5/16 threadcutter bolts and big washers. Man, I wish I could weld. And paint.

Next up: mount the spare. I'm running out of space :(

Thanks again to all,
Z.

ToolBox.JPG

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box #13  
Looks good Z, what that box cost ya ?

((OT, what's your location ?, we got the same 'weather'.))

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box
Looks good Z, what that box cost ya ?

((OT, what's your location ?, we got the same 'weather'.))

About $150 through Amazon. Nobody local could source it.

"Tradesman TST16TTBBK 16" Black 22 Gauge Steel Trailer Tongue Tool Box"

Location is Bainbridge Island, WA, USA. A (damp) island paradise :)

Z.

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box #17  
To tie a ribbon on things, I just about went up in smoke trying to find a box that fit. Too big or too small.

Finally went with a little too small and fabricated a pair of aluminum channels to fit inside the tongue rails under the box. Mounted to rails w/ 5/16 threadcutter bolts and big washers. Man, I wish I could weld. And paint.

Next up: mount the spare. I'm running out of space :(

Thanks again to all,
Z.

ToolBox.JPG

I am in the same boat. My trailer has the set back jack to allow a truck tailgate to be lowered while hooked to the trailer. Some boxes are too big and the others I find don't have enough room:(

/ [OT] Trailer Tongue Tool Box #18  
Here is a simple idea I used on one of our old equipment trailers. Mount a peice of 3" steel channel to the front of the trailer, to the side of your tool box. Have 2 bolts welded or bolted through the channel that match up 2 of the holes on the rim, then just bolt your tire to that.