Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #102  
There is a fair amount at the end about Mahindra Corporate being completely unresponsive and unhelpful.

I can only think of a handful of times where we had a customer contact Mahindra corporate directly. Otherwise, customers interface with us, and we interface with corporate. We generally try to do as much of the leg work as possible. A person buys a $25k tractor with a dealer to stand behind it... not a $25k excuse to call an 800 number.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #103  
If you go to the video and look at the comments section, somewhere buried there you will see where the tractor wiring hacker went on to compliment his dealer, yet was still unsatisfied with Mahindra USA.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #104  
Stretch's vids are always like this, and that's why I watch them. For those of you who shut the video off while he was "trouble shooting", go back and start watching at about the 30 or 35 minute mark, where he is actually reviewing the tractor, and talking about Mahindra corporate, and his dealer. It's obvious from that part of the video that he's just at the end of his patience with Mahindra, and DONE with his dealer. His actual review is very telling, and explains why he may have been hastily hacking at the wiring to get the tractor running.

Though he has 20k subscribers, he's probably NOT making a huge killing on Youtube vids. I have a friend with similar subscriber numbers, and with two new vids a week, he's had to add other sources of income just to scrape by. Youtube vids just don't pay that well...

The things he owns are not expensive, they're practical, and I can understand his frustration with a "new" tractor. If you watch the older vids, and particularly the one where he takes ownership, you can tell he's very excited about not having to constantly mess with a tractor to be able to use it... And that has somewhat backfired with his Mahindra. :(

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #105  
I watched the entire vid and thought the way he wacked and hacked at the wiring was just foolish
Just my :2cents: worth

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #106  
I watched the entire vid and thought the way he wacked and hacked at the wiring was just foolish
Just my :2cents: worth

Yea. For me, when the neutral safety switch kept making the tractor die (which pissed me off royally), I didn't go hacking up the harness. I unplugged it and made a simple bypass from six inches of spare wire and 2 connectors. Took maybe 5 minutes more than what he did, is completely reversible and spares valuable original harness.

On vehicles, I try not to cut any harness out if possible. Much more difficult to add more later.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #107  
sorry - but cannot see why you guys are letting this thread go on to infinity!!

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #108  
Sorry
But I guess you do not need to read it......
:rolleyes:

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #109  
I did not mean to come off so hard - just seems like some nut posts some crappy complaining video and people are either for him or against him and it just seemed like after enough people commented both ways there just seemed like no reason to explore this guys comments anymore. :mur:

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #110  
I did not mean to come off so hard - just seems like some nut posts some crappy complaining video and people are either for him or against him and it just seemed like after enough people commented both ways there just seemed like no reason to explore this guys comments anymore. :mur:
To date on youtube: 129,968 views over 2500 comments, most severely dissing Mahindra.