Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent!

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #1  

SteveA

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
I knew it wouldn't last but I put the first ding in the hood today. Was out back pushing some felled trees into the woods when a limb let go and came down over the bucket. :eek: Since it's not a crease I probably can pop it out from underneath.
Anyway, the 3130 now has 75 hours on it pushing and pulling about 15 years worth of bushes, prickers, vines, and whatever else grows in a swampy New England wooded area. Time to reclaim some of my land back from nature.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #2  
SteveA said:
I knew it wouldn't last but I put the first ding in the hood today. Was out back pushing some felled trees into the woods when a limb let go and came down over the bucket. :eek:
Just gives it a bit of character.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #3  
At least you made to 75 hours. I dropped a stump on mine at about 10. I WAS the little guy waving his arms on the little cartoon warning label...

Bang it out and enjoy. Now you can stop worrying about your first dent. :)

Russell in Texas

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #4  
My dad always said that it's not a tractor until it has the first serious ding/dent. After I got my first ding I finially got some work done.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #5  
New machine is still straight, but old machine got a log dropped on the hood. Straightened out the dent and had it Rhino Lined, looked great.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #6  
I got my first dent after about 10 hours, had a 24 foot culvert chained to the hooks on the bucket but forgot it would fall off backwards as I raised the bucket and the angle on the hooks/chains cjanged - safety note - keep your eye on the chains not the load!

Fot a few creases in the hood but at least it didn't hit me in the head.

It reminds me every time I see it that I was so stupid

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #7  
We all get dinged up out there sooner or later :p...

You wanna get really scared? Check out the prices for a new Kubota hood... My parts guy at the dealer was telling me a story about someone that loaned his tractor out and got it returned with a dent. There was something about him wondering why there was a horse blanket on the hood...

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #8  
Ow! I've come close but am still dent free. And, I use mine for the same purposes.. clearing land into the woods.. expanding lawn and useful area.. as well as a dirt bike trail for the kids. I was hauling a load of tree debris and had some cover the bucket.. bounced off the grill guard and just missed the hood.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #9  
Yesterday i forgot to fold down the ROPS on my BX and smashed into my shed ,the tractor sustained very little damage but the shed lost a piece of exteroir casing.
My BX24 fits nicely in my 16x12 shed along with lawn tractor and cart ,but rollbar must be in folded position. My wife kicked the Bota out of the garage because it was leaving muddy footprints on the driveway.

/ Ouch! My tractor sustained it's first hood dent! #10  
I got my first dent around the 5 hour mark. Had the bucket all the way up and tilted back full of 2" clean rock. A couple made their way out of the bucket and onto the hood.

Yeah, I'm an idiot.