Our "new" 186D

/ Our "new" 186D
The previous owner bought the extra wide tire kit and traded the original tires in, there is still some sign that the tires are not that old. He also said they are not loaded because he didn't see the need to.... I am anxious to see how the wide turf tires do at the property. First gonna rent a 4' tiller and till up about an acre for our food plot.

/ Our "new" 186D #22  
Another question I have is, the only thing we have to go off of is his word. So far he has been off a little on the weight, price he paid for the tractor. I read that the hour meter only goes up to 999. Is there a way to find out for sure if it hasn't turned 1,014 hrs????

He seemed like an honest guy and obviously took very good care of the tractor but part of me still can't get over the fact it only has 14hrs on it! ��

Oh yea it has 1014 hours on it. No way you only have 14 hours on it! When someone first gets a tractor they usually put 20 hours in it in a week or twos time! That would only mean that he bush hogged like 14 acres with it in 20 years?? I do that in 2 times cutting my place! Even if all he did was tool around the yard you can get those hours in a year easy.

/ Our "new" 186D #23  
You will put 4 hours on it alone tilling an acre.

Why would anyone change tires out on a tractor with 14 hours on it, and why would one ever consider loading the tires as you have barely used it long enough to decide to load it at 14 hours. I have over 100 hours on my yanmar and still am on the fence about loading the tires!!

/ Our "new" 186D
So even at 1014 hrs, is that price reasonable?

/ Our "new" 186D #25  
If you bought it don't worry about the price. Just enjoy the heck out of it.

Chris

/ Our "new" 186D
pennwalk said:
If you bought it don't worry about the price. Just enjoy the heck out of it.

Chris

Good advice! :)

/ Our "new" 186D #27  
Hi Buckstar; would you post the tire sizes for both the front and the rear, for those of us who are considering upsizing. Thanks, Gary.

/ Our "new" 186D #28  
So even at 1014 hrs, is that price reasonable?

Yes that is a fine price for it! its looks brand new. I know it has to be 1014 hours but there still would be wear on the foot platforms and things like petals. Mine has it after a repaint and 100 hours? It must have had select pieces repainted. You still got a good deal forget that part of it. I never saw if you got any implements?

/ Our "new" 186D
Ok, yes we got the blade that is behind it, a hopper spreader, roller, and a dump trailer included in the price.

I will post the tire size when we pick it up Saturday.

/ Our "new" 186D #30  
Tractor can be worth just that to the right person. figure At least 100 on blade and roller, and 200-300 on a spreader and not sure the size of trailer but at least 200 there and maybe a grand if its one of those huge dump trailers, like the size u can put tractor in and still have room.