Our "new" 186D

/ Our "new" 186D
Haha! I sprayed it before I ran the brush hog though but it's gonna be a chore, I just want to try and get it ready for August planting. Thanks for the advice on taking passes, if I can get a hold of a tiller I will post some video... :)

/ Our "new" 186D
Got 2 gallons of Glyophosphate, didn't get the tiller in time so he wanted to get some seat time in. Amazing how much work this thing saves!

image-1168243529.jpg

/ Our "new" 186D
Scary moments yesterday, ha 6' finish mower on and was cutting the top of a bank. We normally mow the corners and weed eat the rest. I got a little too far inside an the mower kicked out to the downhill side. All I could do was ride it down, not sure how it didn't go over but I learned a lesson for sure!!

Went to loadthe mower on the trailer and one of the 2x10 ramps that came with it snapped at the knot! Again, not sure how I got it back down because the tractor bucked sideways. Again, valuable lesson learned!! Just glad we got it home in one piece.

/ Our "new" 186D #84  
Um you need to buy some of those Metal ramps. A tractor riding over boards is a bit much, i bet you bend most metal ramps. You need the heavy duty ones.

/ Our "new" 186D #85  
I completely agree with Clemsonfor. Save someone's life: stop using boards to load that tractor. Make sure you buy or build ramps that drop into something or have pins or some other positive retention. The 186D especially is deceptively heavy. It is a good to put some blocking under the rear of the trailer as well.

Even ramps rated for the load will fold on you. I barely escaped when a cheap, lightweight set of ramps supposedly rated for 4500 lbs gave way under my tiny Kubota B6000. It very nearly killed me, and is by far the closest call I have ever had on equipment, in spite of doing a multitude of foolish things over my lifetime.

I have since deliberately destroyed and disposed of the remaining ramp, and replaced them with a set I built. These new ramps are essentially indestructible with my equipment. It is a nuisance to deal with heavy ramps, but not as inconvenient as dying or being injured will be.

/ Our "new" 186D #86  
Glad you made it w/o hurting anything or anyone!

fwtw I dont even use ramps anymore (lazy) I just drive over the tail board of my car trailer in 4wd. Sometimes I put the bucket down and lift the front tires over the tail board and drive on but usually if its dry I can drive up like driving over a dirt pile. Ramps have to be stronger than anything a person will ever load overbuilding them is a necessity.

/ Our "new" 186D
Lesson learned with the ramps! Was a little hairy when the tractor slid off because the front end bucked to the right and tractor started wheel hopping on the trailer. Lookin for some steel now to build a set of ramps and hopefully we don't have to worry about it anymore.

I am really pleased so far with this little tractors ability! I always forget to take pictures but we just replanted a small foodplot with it. Had a rake from our David Bradley that we hooked to the hitch and dropped the 3pt on top of it to hold it. Worked pretty good and I am lookin to buy a nice 2 bottom for the big plot

/ Our "new" 186D #88  
Yea these tractors will do more than you would think. You wil eventually remember to take pics. I take them for almost every thing i do now. I dont post as many as i should but i dont post about every project i do either.

As for the bottom plow, i dont think you will pull a bouble bottom with that tractor? Maybe if theree small?

/ Our "new" 186D #89  
I use the simply excellent camera in my iPhone constantly most of my tractor pics originate on it its a very handy piece of electronics imo. :thumbsup:

As far as plows go TSC or Agri supply I cant remember which maybe both has a small one bottom for sub compacts. A 2 bottom unless its real small will be too much especially in new dirt. Now to re-plow a garden thats been worked with a tiller maybe would work? I can pull an old fordson 14" 2 bottom thru new dirt but its a workout. fyi.

/ Our "new" 186D #90  
I pull this monster with my YM2002D but it is really to big. I don't believe this disc type is quite as hard to pull as the regular. I believe you will have to be in loose ground and not going very deep to stand a chance with your 186D.

Attachments

• 100_3233.JPG
    100_3233.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 120