Our New Tractor Arrived

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #31  
Gentlemen,

Can't merely say things 1/2 ton, no compacts, etc. Specifics.
Gotta check the specs on your trucks, be they mid sized, minis, or medium sized. Generalizations are not too helpful. It is important to know your stats before embarking on or before dismissing the possibility of towing.

Check the weight of your tractor, add 100lbs to Kubota's dry weight chart to allow for oils, fluids, etc. Take any implements you might haul into account. No cheating!! :)

Add this to your known trailer weight. Any truck stop plus many other places will weigh your trailer for a buck.

Add it all up honestly. What you get must fall below the recommended towing capacity of your truck. Don't exceed maximum tongue weight either. Some smallish trucks, with V-6's might can tow 4000 lbs. Depending on the weight of your trailer, you might just squeak in under the wire. But remember, safety first. You still have to stop that rig. :D

And don't exceed the axle rating of your trailer, nor the capacity of your trailer tires.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #32  
Gentlemen,

Don't exceed maximum tongue weight either. Some smallish trucks, with V-6's might can tow 4000 lbs. Depending on the weight of your trailer, you might just squeak in under the wire. But remember, safety first. You still have to stop that rig. :D
If it wont do that easly and safely you shouldn't even be considering any other specs.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #33  
If it wont do that easly and safely you shouldn't even be considering any other specs.

Yep, I pulled the biggest trailer U Haul rents back and forth to Florida fully loaded several times with my little Toyota and it would stop on a dime as the trailer had brakes.

You can vastly increase your safety margin by driving slower if you believe your setup is marginal.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #34  
So what is the truck you're using that's smaller than a Tundra?

Les, I think you may be confusing Tundra with Tacoma. Tundra's are ginormous. Not the greatest tow vehicle ever, but definitely up to a hauling a BX.

(I got trucks like you got tractors :))