Our New Tractor Arrived

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #21  
My 06 Tundra is smaller than the 07 and up Tundras, about a 7/8 version or so with a 4.7 Lexus motor that has about 271 hp, while you can get the 5.7 in the newer versions. Mine is rated to pull 6500 while the new ones are at 10,000. I usually keep my trucks about ten years or better, so I won't be getting a new one anytime soon.

I use to own the smaller Toyota pickups V6 with 150 hp and know what you mean.
I have a nice like new 1992 Toyota long bed with only 28000 miles on it and a really nice 1989 nissan I bought new with just over 40000 miles.
Boy Ya don't know how it hurts that I can't use one of them.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #22  
LB Wrote
"When I first saw the other pictures of this truck i thought it was a roll back .
But this picture shows it to be just a regular plain old flat bed.
What intreags me and puzzles me about it is the ramp.
How do they hall it and install and remove it?

anybody else catch this?"

The last section of the bed is hydraulic. It breaks right behind the mudflaps. Very slick setup.

SGS

/ Our New Tractor Arrived
I've been away, but thought I'd reply to some comments...

Is this your first tractor? Just wait till you figure out how many chores can be done with the help of that power take-off !! You'll be spending even more time at that dealer ! ;)

Congratulations..... thats a great tractor you guys bought. :)

Yup, first tractor. We got a Gearmore catalog with the tractor, so I had to hide my credit card :D By the way, the Kubota dealer also carries Stiel chainsaws.....and I could use a new chainsaw (Did I just hijack my thread?:D)

Good choice on the tractor and truck. I have an 06 Tundra with only 25k and won't be trading "up" anyway soon, but my son in law just got a new crew cab and loves it.

Did you get ballast in your tires?

Yes the tires got loaded. We also are going to get chains for winter use.
The Tundra is awesome. I have a grand total of 100 miles on it so far.
I looked very hard for a 05-06 4x4 Tundra, but couldn't find one in the configuration I wanted, so I ended up buying new.....Love it so far.
Thanks for your reply.

Only problem is if he ever wants to trailer the tractor he will need to get another truck to handle it.

You are misinformed. My truck is rated to tow 8400 lbs. I think it can handle the BX2660.

IMG_0777.jpg

How come everything on the ground looks white in the pictures?
Is that snow?
Do you have snow on now?
No snow yet...Must be how the pics came out. The road is DT so a bit lighter color than the surrounding area. But I'm ready for the snow now!

IMG_0784.jpg

When I first saw the other pictures of this truck i thought it was a roll back .

anybody else catch this?

The rear is in 2 sections. The driver lifts the inner section, extends the rear ramp, then lowers the 2 sections to make a ramp. Very slick.

LB Wrote
"When I first saw the other pictures of this truck i thought it was a roll back .

anybody else catch this?"

The last section of the bed is hydraulic. It breaks right behind the mudflaps. Very slick setup.

SGS

Yup....what you said!

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #24  
I think you missed the part where I'm asking TripleR the name/brand/kind of the truck he is using that's smaller than A Tundra.
Maybe I could do the same if I just knew what truck it is?

"Only problem is if he ever wants to trailer the tractor he will need to get another truck to handle it."

The above remark you made regarding the OP's new truck is what I took exception to, gave me the impression that you didn't think a Tundra could pull a BX on a trailer.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #25  
I have a nice like new 1992 Toyota long bed with only 28000 miles on it and a really nice 1989 nissan I bought new with just over 40000 miles.
Boy Ya don't know how it hurts that I can't use one of them.

My dad had a Nissan and really liked his. My last small truck was a 1992 Toyota Ext Cab with the V6 2WD and I loved it, but I had to borrow a bigger truck to pull anything, so when it hit 215,000 and I got close to retirement, I gave it to my son and got my "big" truck 03 Tundra 4.7 4X4. It was totaled in 07 and I opted for the old style as opposed to the new larger design.

Sounds like you have some nice trucks, but like you say, are limited in towing ability.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #26  
I have a 05 Tacoma V6 4X4 6500# towing capacity, pulls a BX24 on a 18 foot flat bed and you can't even tell it is back there. I don't know what you think you need to tow a BX, but many small pickups can do the trick without a bead sweat. A new Tundra should have no problem.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #27  
I have a 05 Tacoma V6 4X4 6500# towing capacity, pulls a BX24 on a 18 foot flat bed and you can't even tell it is back there. I don't know what you think you need to tow a BX, but many small pickups can do the trick without a bead sweat. A new Tundra should have no problem.

The newer, larger Tacoma, intruduced in 2005 will do the job, but I wouldn't try it with the older, smaller ones. My son has a 1999, great truck, but limited towing capacity as was my 1992; don't remember the numbers.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #28  
IMG_0777.jpg

Is it snow?
IMG_0784.jpg
LB Wrote
1*The last section of the bed is hydraulic. It breaks right behind the mudflaps.
2* Very slick setup.SGS
Yep very :cool:

I've been away, but thought I'd reply to some comments...
The Tundra is awesome. I have a grand total of 100 miles on it so far.
1*You are misinformed. My truck is rated to tow 8400 lbs. I think it can handle the BX2660.
2*The rear is in 2 sections. The driver lifts the inner section, extends the rear ramp, then lowers the 2 sections to make a ramp. Very slick.
Yup....what you said!
1*Any missinformation I may have was acquired right here on Good old TBN when I Got my BX23 back in 2004.
Every body here said I need at least a 3/4 ton to trailer the BX23.
Few if any suggested a 1/2 ton in fact most everyone recommend against it.
The puzzling thing is what's changed since 2004?
2* Thats one neat truck set up.
Wonder what the pros /cons are between it and a roll back?

1*My dad had a Nissan and really liked his.
2*My last small truck was a 1992 Toyota Ext Cab with the V6 2WD and I loved it,
3* Sounds like you have some nice trucks, but like you say, are limited in towing ability.
1*My first small PU was a 1979 Nissan 5 speed I got in 1981.
It had 123,000 miles on it when I sold it in 1990 and was mechanicaly as good as it was when I got it but the body was falling apart.
In Nov 1989 I bought the 1989 Nissan new and have only put about 40000 miles on it in the 20 years I've oned it .
2*My 1992 Toyota is a long bed.
The last year the long bed was inported to the US.
3*Therein is my delamia don't want give up any of my 3 small import Pick UPS nor do I want to add a A big clumsy bulky truck to the fleet just to tow the BX with.
Seems like it's a no win situation for me. .

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #29  
LB ASked
Is that snow?
Do you have snow on now?
No snow yet...Must be how the pics came out. The road is DT so a bit lighter color than the
surrounding area. But I'm ready for the snow now.
Thanks for the answer to my questions.

/ Our New Tractor Arrived #30  
Yep very :cool:

1*Any missinformation I may have was acquired right here on Good old TBN when I Got my BX23 back in 2004.
Every body here said I need at least a 3/4 ton to trailer the BX23.
Few if any suggested a 1/2 ton in fact most everyone recommend against it.
The puzzling thing is what's changed since 2004?
2* Thats one neat truck set up.
Wonder what the pros /cons are between it and a roll back?

1*My first small PU was a 1979 Nissan 5 speed I got in 1981.
It had 123,000 miles on it when I sold it in 1990 and was mechanicaly as good as it was when I got it but the body was falling apart.
In Nov 1989 I bought the 1989 Nissan new and have only put about 40000 miles on it in the 20 years I've oned it .
2*My 1992 Toyota is a long bed.
The last year the long bed was inported to the US.
3*Therein is my delamia don't want give up any of my 3 small import Pick UPS nor do I want to add a A big clumsy bulky truck to the fleet just to tow the BX with.
Seems like it's a no win situation for me. .

You might want to check the towing capacity on your trucks as I am not sure, but that with the right trailer you couldn't pull your BX1500.

According to some of the experts on here, I shouldn't be hauling my tractor with the trailer I am using, but I do so without problems.