Oil & Fuel Out of fuel DK45s

/ Out of fuel DK45s #31  
when you say pump the hand pump, do you mean the hand pump on top of the filter or something else?
Yes, the hand pump on top of the filter.

And "at the injectors" do you mean where the fuel line is attached to the block or where all 4 lines are together on top of the injector pump?
Attached to the block ?, they're attached to injectors. Are they accessible ?

contortionist act?!
What you do while your away from here is your own biz. :eek:

/ Out of fuel DK45s
Yes, the hand pump on top of the filter.

Attached to the block ?, they're attached to injectors. Are they accessible ?

What you do while your away from here is your own biz. :eek:

please see the 3rd picture above ...are you saying to crack the 4 lines where those 4 lines sit on top of the fuel injector pump and all 4 lines are very close together - or where they attach to the injectors on the block (and they are not close together)? Where they attach to the injectors on the block is a very very tight fit...so that's why I asked what special tool you would use to loosen them.

/ Out of fuel DK45s
John, crack them at the individual injectors NOT at the block.

Kent - when I did that previously, nothing came out of the left most line when I cranked the engine...I'm going to try the whole deal again tomorrow when its a bit warmer... -10 windchill today...

/ Out of fuel DK45s #36  
The metal lines go from the injection pump to injectors. They don't go to the block. If you have air all the way at the injection pump side of those metal lines then you have a metal line full of air that needs to go away.

If you get fuel from the injection pump side of the lines that's great but it won't get your tractor started.

During all of this cranking, do you run the throttle lever up to full throttle to get the most rapid fuel movement or leave it at idle setting?

/ Out of fuel DK45s
The metal lines go from the injection pump to injectors. They don't go to the block. If you have air all the way at the injection pump side of those metal lines then you have a metal line full of air that needs to go away.

If you get fuel from the injection pump side of the lines that's great but it won't get your tractor started.

During all of this cranking, do you run the throttle lever up to full throttle to get the most rapid fuel movement or leave it at idle setting?

I did move the throttle lever all the way up...when I said "block" I was trying to distinguish between the lines at the top of the injection pump and where they attach to the injectors (on the block I assume)...

what is strange (to me), is when I removed the first line from the injector pump, there was zero fuel and i mean not a drop of fuel in that line...I couldn't open the others because I couldn't get a wrench around them...are these nuts all metric? What tool do you use to crack the lines at the injectors?

thanks

/ Out of fuel DK45s #38  
or where they attach to the injectors on the block (and they are not close together)?
This one. At the injectors themselves.

what special tool you would use to loosen them.
Back when I had to mess with these things, I took a 17mm box end wrench and cut a slot in the end (just wide enough to clear inj line) to make a "poor mans" flare wrench.

/ Out of fuel DK45s
ok - here's the latest:

1. replaced the fuel filter.
2. fuel pumps out of fuel pump - confirmed by removing lines.
3. fuel pumps out of fuel filter - confirmed by removing fuel line
4. fuel pumps into fuel injection pump - confirmed by removing fuel line and also by cracking the 16mm nut where the fuel goes in and the overflow line goes out.
5. there is zero fuel coming out of the four injector lines coming out of the top of the fuel injection pump...none, not a drop.

So there appears to be a problem with the fuel injection pump which is strange since it only has 300 hours or so....but this would tie to my recalling that the tractor never sputtered when it died ... it seemed to lose all fuel immediately....

ideas?

John.

/ Out of fuel DK45s #40  
Are you getting power to the fuel shutoff valve/solenoid? It should be located on the injection pump. If you remove the valve, does fuel come out?
I think I need to open the hood on my CK more often so I have a clue what is in there in case I have issues.