Outrigger hitting hydro line?

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #1  

Agentiron

Silver Member
I just picked up a ck20 with the TLB package. I noticed that my outrigger will come up and really give a good wack at the top. I found it this morning really putting alot of pressure on that line. The platform is acutally deformed and caved in from where the line is being pressed on by the outrigger.

Is there a fix for this on the 65 series hoe?

Thanks
Jay

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #2  
We have not had that problem with the KB2365 only the KB2375
They do have a bump stop kit you can get I will have to get you the part # tomarrow.

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #3  
Is this (see photo) the area where the outrigger is hitting the hydraulic line? On mine the lines are zip tied to the side (if you look hard you can see the black ties) so it does not seem to be hit by the outrigger. Are your lines tied in such a way that they are being pinched?

Attachments

• 828548-IMG_5411 100k.jpg
    828548-IMG_5411 100k.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 187
   / Outrigger hitting hydro line? #4  
I call it a minor design flaw, but thats part of the learning process. I've learned feather the outriggers when retracting them. I put these on to help but since discovered that I can't put the transport locks on with them on. That was a year ago and I haven't transported it anywhere yet, so I guess its not a problem right now. I also added a couple of tywraps to keep the hoses from being pinched as well.

Steve

Attachments

• 828558-Bucket Bumpers1.jpg
    828558-Bucket Bumpers1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 147
   / Outrigger hitting hydro line?
Wallace, I appreciate that info as you get it.

Island ans Steve

That is the location of the problem. As I sit on the hoe, the side to my left seems to have barely enough clearnce. The side to my right is hitting at the fitting. I can zip tie the line, but the fitting is mounting to the outrigger and is rigid. There is no way I can see to get it out of the way. I can see any spacer will make the latching mechanism for transport unuseable.

Thanks guys

Oh by the way Island you should see the stump I removed today, and it was not located in the garage! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #6  
Go to your local NAPA and order part number
BK 770-5150 and that work perfect.

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line?
Thanks Tractorhill

Could you give me anymore info about the part, or what else I may need to mount it?

Thanks

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #8  
Even with the bump stops in my humble opinion it is wise to feather the outrigger when raising. It is still a good jolt to the hoe if you just yank back on the stick. Sounds like you just got the machine. Practice a little and you will find it is not the big a deal. However, if there is a solid connection hitting somewhere it will not take long to break that off. In fact, I would think about one good wack otta take care of it.

PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #9  
While mine doesn't actually hit the fitting, it can give a good whack. As has been suggested, feather that stick when you're raising the stabilizers and don't let it bang.

You might also find that you CAN put a small stop at a location that will just barely keep it from hitting, and still be able to lock them in.

John

/ Outrigger hitting hydro line? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Go to your local NAPA and order part number
BK 770-5150 and that work perfect. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif fill us in here please.
I can't hold on much longer /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif