Overall Length of BX25D

/ Overall Length of BX25D #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Greetings, Getting ready to order a new BX25D (FEL and BH) along with a Sure Trac 7x12 dump trailer. I measured the overall length of a BX25D last week at the dealer, it was about 13.5' with the bucket flat on the ground (saleman held one end of the tape and not sure if it was accurate). Wondering what the overall length would be with the bucket curled under as far as possible and down. Hoping it will (barely) fit in a 12' trailer with the rear gates closed. thank you....:eek:

/ Overall Length of BX25D #2  
I have a BX23 and it barely fits on my neighbors 14' tandem. There really isn't enough room to load balance and the FEL bucket is pressed against the front of the trailer. I believe a 23 and a 25 are very similar in dimensions.

My 16' tandem is barely adequate to be perfectly honest.

Hopefully your trailer has brakes, you'll need them. The BX with BH and FEL are pushing close to 3.5k-4k if memory serves.

Congrats, post pictures ..

/ Overall Length of BX25D
Thanks, I don't have them yet, getting ready to order both. The 7x12 low profile dump trailer is 12k rated and has brakes on all 4 wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwym5YBOdjg

Good point about the balancing, I guess I could back in on the trailer. Seems that with the bucket curled under it would be 1-1.5' shorter but I don't know.

thank you...

/ Overall Length of BX25D #4  
You could turn the boom and make some room I suppose...

/ Overall Length of BX25D #5  
Greetings, Getting ready to order a new BX25D (FEL and BH) along with a Sure Trac 7x12 dump trailer. I measured the overall length of a BX25D last week at the dealer, it was about 13.5' with the bucket flat on the ground (saleman held one end of the tape and not sure if it was accurate). Wondering what the overall length would be with the bucket curled under as far as possible and down. Hoping it will (barely) fit in a 12' trailer with the rear gates closed. thank you....:eek:
Congrats on the new purchase

I have a BX23 and it barely fits on my neighbors 14' tandem. There really isn't enough room to load balance and the FEL bucket is pressed against the front of the trailer. I believe a 23 and a 25 are very similar in dimensions.

My 16' tandem is barely adequate to be perfectly honest.

Hopefully your trailer has brakes, you'll need them. The BX with BH and FEL are pushing close to 3.5k-4k if memory serves.

Congrats, post pictures ..

Have you tried backing the tractor onto the trailer to better distribute the load. Not sure if this would work with the BH on. It would almost definetly shift the weight forward on the trailer without the backhoe on

/ Overall Length of BX25D #6  
Thanks, I don't have them yet, getting ready to order both. The 7x12 low profile dump trailer is 12k rated and has brakes on all 4 wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwym5YBOdjg

Good point about the balancing, I guess I could back in on the trailer. Seems that with the bucket curled under it would be 1-1.5' shorter but I don't know.

thank you...

Not Ideal, but you could probably set the FEL on the bulkhead and strap it down. That would definitely make a couple of feet. The axles are pretty far back so that might help with balancing. You could back it on as the high sides would provide some wind break so the seat and (mainly) the hood weren't under stress.

/ Overall Length of BX25D #7  
Like Timswi mentioned. I just put my bucket on the header and swing the hoe. Have had zero issues while towing with my single axle. My tandem is longer but not as convenient. A lo pro dump or long ramps will make loading a little less scary for ya. And make sure it is wide enough with the deck on just in case. Although if you can do it always get a bigger trailer. You will be glad you did. Or your neighbors will!

/ Overall Length of BX25D #8  
Hi Johnkn,

Are you getting the quick attach bucket? If so you could also drop the bucket at the front of the trailer and then park the tractor with the loader arms essentially in the front of the bucket, if that makes sense. Downfall would be it would add a couple of steps every time you load and unload, so if it is often you may not want to do that. Swinging the BH off to the side should help also. Just a thought. Good luck with the purchases.