Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #121  
Took some temp readings last night after another mowing session of over an hour. Ambient air temp was around 62. Hottest tub temp I could find was around 230f. The exhaust pipes closest to the manifold were 316f. If I recall correctly the stock PT pipes would read 550 or higher! I put my hand over the side fan while running the mower and the exhaust air was noticeably cooler...even the air exiting the muffler was not all that hot. With the stock pipes on a cool day of mowing I would be warm in the seat, last night I noticed I had a bit of a chill. Also with the stock pipes I always saw bubbles in the bottom of the gas tank after extended use...no bubbles at all last night. When done running I put the throttle at about 25% and shut her off....no back fire. This is the best $$ I've spent on equipment in awhile....thanks again to all those that did this before me as your input here made the install a breeze. All I have left to do is add a brace to the muffler as it does seem to vibrate more than I want to see.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #122  
Well that's very encouraging. Glad its better now. :thumbsup:

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #123  
I put one in my 425 yesterday. Started right up this morning in 28 degree weather.

Need to finish up the muffler installation and return line to the tank.