Overheating M9540

/ Overheating M9540 #12  
With any front mount PTO implements kicking up dust, you are bound to get the radiators dirty, which will raise temps.

/ Overheating M9540 #13  
Best investment I ever made was a cordless blower, in my case a Bauer 20 volt blower with a concentrator (tapered snout) on the business end. I carry it behind the seat and blow out the rad from the fan side out when I'm out shredding or running hay, the chaff always finds it's way into the radiator.

Not expensive either. Tool only is about 35 bucks.

/ Overheating M9540 #14  
Lots of stuff finding it's way into the radiator... Do keep in mind that Kubota's have always had an issue with repeated overheating causing blown head gaskets.
The cab was a warning that the unit was going into a hot and dusty work environment.

/ Overheating M9540 #15  
if the radiator is picking up that much debris, blow out the air filter as often as the radiator. (from inside out)

have that same engine (chipped 10hp less than yours) & the temp has remained normal throughout the course of it's life. i would never allow the temp gauge to raise over 1 notch normal.
in those severe conditions, would suggest more frequent engine oil changes as well, lots of abrasives in the air
best regards

Last edited:
   / Overheating M9540 #16  
For reference, when I mow in tall grass I have to clean off the hood screens and radiator screen about every 30 minutes, they get packed full that quick with grass and ragweed seeds.