Buying Advice Overwhelmed by options

/ Overwhelmed by options #63  
New. Simple enough.

/ Overwhelmed by options
Thanks for all the help everyone but I think I'm leaning more and more towards a 2 wheel tractor at this point with an upgrade in the future to a riding tractor as our scale increases.

/ Overwhelmed by options #65  
Hi

I am thinking something got missed here. From the thread I got young, not mechanical and ready to take on some significant projects with a good sized tractor. Have you considered how easy it is to get hurt with a big machine and little to no knowledge ? Or how easy it is to break things. You can learn like everyone else but I am concerned you are going to get hurt. You really need a mentor or to ask on this site specifics about the task you are going to take on before you do it. Maybe you should ask about a specific task and see if you want to take it on or hire it out.

/ Overwhelmed by options #66  
If it is more than 200 or so years, then why is diesel fuel so expensive today?

As of today, right this second, it's primarily because when the gubment mandated the switch to ultra-low sulphur, suddenly the diesel we produce cheaply in the US was legal to sell in the Euro market at higher prices, so the price rose here to what the Euros are willing to pay for the stuff.

Secondarily there's also about 65 cents of inflation baked in over the last 20 years or so.

/ Overwhelmed by options #67  
Thanks for all the help everyone but I think I'm leaning more and more towards a 2 wheel tractor at this point with an upgrade in the future to a riding tractor as our scale increases.

I thought you were joking when you posted that link to the BCS unit.
Usefull tool, but not a tractor by any means.

Buy the time you buy all the attachments you've got thousands invested...and it is still just a rototiller/snow blower.
Good luck with whatever you decide, I'd put the money towards a tractor;).