Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #51  
Saw the video, makes it hard to steer the front with backhoe attachment on need a whole lot more weight on the front if you want to steer instead of plow with the front, yes that's what your doing, that can cause the steer linkage to bend, isn't that backhoe a quick detach accessory on that model, had a 1025 R , same tires , R4 tires, not much on pavement leave black marks until worn down, replaced with turf style tires, clean better in mud than R4s, should remove the hoe to do loader work, obviously he really needs a blade attachment, this same thing can happen to a pickup when it's overloaded, the front plows instead of steers and bends the tire rod then tends to shimmy and prematurely wears out the front tires.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #52  
Saw the video, makes it hard to steer the front with backhoe attachment on need a whole lot more weight on the front if you want to steer instead of plow with the front, yes that's what your doing, that can cause the steer linkage to bend, isn't that backhoe a quick detach accessory on that model, had a 1025 R , same tires , R4 tires, not much on pavement leave black marks until worn down, replaced with turf style tires, clean better in mud than R4s, should remove the hoe to do loader work, obviously he really needs a blade attachment, this same thing can happen to a pickup when it's overloaded, the front plows instead of steers and bends the tire rod then tends to shimmy and prematurely wears out the front tires.
Typed tie rod but my phone doesn't think I can spell, so changes the word, Smart phone, yes right.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #53  
Personally I don't think it's tie rod, it looks more like a camber issue.
Wheel appears to be more tilted not toed in.
When he turns the wheel the tire is basically being pushed under and therefore won't roll properly and might leave marks on the driveway OMG

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #54  
I saw this video in my news feed this evening and decided to give it a watch. After listening to the guy discuss his issue with the tractor he then ended by saying he should have bought a Kubota. My immediate reaction was What??? Why? Because you have an issue that needs to go back to the dealer to be fixed? I couldn't see his logic here and furthermore I was surprised to hear this coming from a Deere owner. My impression of Deere is they seem to have the highest bating average when it comes to reliability and engineering. It seems based on all the social media tractor groups that I belong to that you hardly ever hear of their compacts having any problems. Is this really true? Is my perception correct or off about this? I would like to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this.

I’m not bashing Deere as I’ve been a long term owner but I will say this. JD needs to get on top of their publicity problem NOW. I personally know of three JD owners who have switched to other brands. They’re unhappy with a couple things. A perceived drop in quality and the right to repair issue (which is more of a political issue). They need to take a hard look at the business they’re losing versus the repair profits.

JD seems to be not publicly addressing these concerns and they’re losing customers. The last thing I want to see is my local small tractor dealer to close some day while I search for repair parts.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #55  
I just wonder if perhaps the tie rod ends aren't tight on the rod and over the +20 hours it has loosened up causeing the one wheel to tip in. Just wondering but if that's the case it should be reletivly quick to fix it.
No, the rod is below the front axel and catches any stump or root and bends like butter....it's a design flaw, and a major one....

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #56  
Where are the small Deeres manufactured?

Deere was on my short list because it's the nearest dealer to me, and they tuned up my Stihl chainsaw from time to time. But I gave them my want list based on the online options, and all I got back was the one 25-30 hp tractor they had in stock, as if ordering a different one would be too much bother.

I wound up with Mahindra. It's badly engineered but the engine is Yanmar, which makes me feel good.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #57  
I have a 27 yoa Deere riding lawmower and a new Kubota B2601. So I am in both dealerships. So far, Deere has been great at keeping my old rider going. I know it's going to break down once a year at its age, and it will be very expensive to repair it. I tried a local shop but it was expensive too—and the mechanic lied and the owner turned out to be just awful to deal with.

I actually tried to buy a JD1025R but drew a salesman from hell and gave up. He is disliked at the dealership too, I am told, but has the first office as you walk in so he gets a lot of business. Kubota salesmen were better, but that didn't take much. I now know the Deere salesmen who are decent to good. My Kubota dealer, the branch of a bigger dealership, has been super nice in dealing with 3 loader issues, two of them involving 3 trips to my house, all because of poor setup at the mother store.

The moral is, I guess, that it's often a mixed picture dealing with dealers. Here, I think the JD service department is trying and pretty good. The Kubota folks are trying, and so at least decent, which helps offset being a new startup that's learning the ropes.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #58  
When I was buying a sub compact to use as my lawn mower I went to see the gentleman who sold me my first two Kubotas as the dealership owner who was now the general manager of a very large Deere dealership. In told him what I was looking for and told me to go to the Kubota dealership across the street. As he put it "Nobody out does Kubota for that class of tractors."

As for the Green versus Orange debate; who cares? We all make our choice and live with it. When I bought my first CUT my choice was based on how comfortable the Kubota felt to operate in comparison to the Deere. I thought they were both good machines, but for me the Kubota just fit better. Like all things mechanical they all have problems pop up from time to time; It's inevitable. If we don't like the pick we made sell it and try something else.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #59  
I'm eager to go underneath the Kubota B to see what the driveshaft from engine to HST looks like. Think there's no reason to use a Ujoint on that shaft.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #60  
I thought it looked like a Manhindra...
Some Mahindra tractors are made by TYM, too. One of my problems with Mahindra is that they use a bunch of different manufacturers, so you have trouble figuring our who made what.