Paint for dump trailer side boards

/ Paint for dump trailer side boards #1  

bitternut

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 John Deere 5210 mfwd, John Deere 350C Crawler
I was in Tractor Supply and noticed they have a black paint made by Gardner-Gibson called Black Beauty Fence Post Paint. I have installed side boards on my dump trailer and thought maybe this product might be perfect for painting them. My only concern is that it is a asphalt emulsion and may not dry completely and every time its touched it would transfer black to whatever it came in contact with. Has anyone had any experience with this product and knows if it will mark everything that touches it. Any other product suggestions that would work good for this application are welcome also. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gardner-Gibson Fence-Post Black-Beauty Asphalt Fence Paint, 1 gal. - Tractor Supply Online Store

/ Paint for dump trailer side boards #2  
I've never used this, but am planing this fall to re-paint our fence and have been looking at it at TS and the value is good, :thumbsup:

I'll tell you about another product I plan to try, its call ( Restore ) by Rust-oleum paints, I not found the cost of this product, but if its as good as they state it is and last ,
It just might be the trick to preserving our Trailer deck boards, Perhaps could be used on the side boards of your trailer, although like many things in the past it could be a gimmick, :cool: I figure it to be kinda like the epoxy-resin truck bed liners,
here is a link to it, ---> Rust-Oleum Restore

/ Paint for dump trailer side boards #3  
I just used a generic black paint. But i painted my boards before i cut them in order that the side touching the trailer would be protected from wicking moisture.

/ Paint for dump trailer side boards #4  
I have used rustoleum black on my wood sides for my dump trailer, holds up pretty good to the elements.