Paint for vintage tractors & implements

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #1  

'52 8N

Tractor
Ford 8N & Ford 1920
Hi All,
I live in California - don't hold it against me, so it is difficult to get certain products. I was here before the ban of certain products. Brake cleaner, certain lubricants, certain cleaners, and of coarse paint. I am looking for leads on good paint for equipment that might be shipped into California. I am looking in particular for Empire Blue for my Ford 1920 and some old cat yellow for my Clark Yard Lift 60 forklift. I have heard about Van Sickle, but never used it. Some Rust-oleum product can not be shipped to CA. I have used some Tisco in the past and it was okay. I had even thought about using automotive paint on the tin work. Just looking for feed back - good, bad, or indifferent. Thanks.

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #2  
My old car guys go to Reno to buy all their automotive paints... can't get it here.

I've seen nice work performed with the new formulations but that is base and clear and different spray guns, etc

I was a big fan of Dupont Centari acrylic enamel with hardener back when U was painting.

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements
Yes, I might have to do a road trip. I really enjoyed my automotive lacquer paints in the late 80's & 90's. Dupont Lucite was so easy to shoot and work with. Yes, technology has really changed. Of coarse back in the 80's & 90s most everything was available over the counter without restriction. I could buy R12 without a license, it was in regular stores on the shelf. Oh how things have changed.

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #4  
Sometimes on sale at grand auto for 88 cents a can to charge your A/C

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #5  
A few years ago our local farm store, Wilco had brush applied tractor paints including John Deere Green (and yellow). I don't know about other colors.
But, you may be doing a road trip to Oregon or Nevada.

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #6  
I was a big fan of Dupont Centari acrylic enamel with hardener back when U was painting.
Ancient technology. Now, you can buy entry level single stage urethane that's about 100 times better, for a little more money.

Doesn't lift when you get back into it, sprays better, covers better, sets up to get out of dirt faster, dries faster, dries harder, holds gloss better, and doesn't smell as bad.

/ Paint for vintage tractors & implements #7  
I'm an old dog with all the enamel and lacquer guns...

I got very good results with Centari.

Not doubting what you are saying only that I am ignorant...

Years ago I went to a all day Dupont class... covered all products with lots of samples and guide materials.

One thing I don't get with the improved product is why so many cars have failing finisher... GM and Toyota are the most common I see.

Yet I can take my original white color 59 Rambler and no failure after decades of exposure and numbers without a spec of rust?