Paint problems?

/ Paint problems? #11  
Just cause its a tractor doesn't mean it cant look nice. I had my old JD870 for 14 years, and i tried to keep it looking nice...not new but nice. When i sold it i was constantly getting..."i cant believe its 14 yo" comments. My new Kioti is washed and even waxed at times. I spent alot of $$$ for it and want it to stay nice. Its not being a pain in the *** or ****...its about keeping my equipment looking nice as long as possible. And id never say...its just a tractor.

I have to agree with you. Haven't waxed it but do give it a carefully power wash when needed. Last time I even hand wash some of it. Except for a few days over the past 3+ years it has always been under cover. Yes, it is a tractor but I did spend a fair bit of cash on it, when I go to sell it I would like to get as much for it as possible. Appearance does make a difference. :)

/ Paint problems? #12  
5030 I agree. When I picked up my new shiny DK I was more excited about the quick detach system which my CK didn't have. I swapped out the Kioti bucket for a Bush Hog bucket(way bigger), then the owner and I walked over to the pallet forks. He pointed to a pair next to the shop that had been sitting a while...the black paint was almost grey & flecks of surface rust here and there. He said, this is the brand and type but you will have to wait while my guys unpack one that doesn't have any paint faded. I asked if the faded one was new, he said "yes, but it's been sitting a while". I turned to him and said, "load it up a shiny one will look like that in no time". He kinda looked at me odd for just a half second, then smiled and said, "OK". It's been 3 years and that set of forks still looks like the day I bought 'em:D.

........and I have a shop full of motorcycles to fondle.:laughing:

I will admit that the best stuff for cleaning glass (on the cabs) is Honda spray and shine.

/ Paint problems?
Thanks for the insight everyone. Funny, I used to wash and wax our cars often. Then, we bought the farm and started spending all our free time renovating the old farmhouse/fixing up barns and the cars just got dirty. Oh, we also had a poorly maintained 900 foot dirt/gravel driveway helping keep the cars a nice dust color. Our current primary vehicle has NEVER been waxed - who is this man in the mirror? I guess it's just time and priorities. When we move back to the farm next summer our kids will finally be an age where they can reach pedals on mowers and operate tractors. Hopefully with their help and my no longer working a 60-hour week, we'll get caught up on all those tasks.

I did purchase a new DK40se HST with 401 loader via the internet from James Little in Metropolis IL. I've visited his dealership a couple times over the years in IL (when I couldn't afford a tractor) and they strike me as a great organization. James was very helpful in making this work from afar. Interesting process buying a tractor from half a world away. Why did I buy now? I think with the weakening dollar/inflation the prices will just be going up.

Be well,
Mike