Paint trailer deck

/ Paint trailer deck #11  
Linseed oil (boiled) and mineral spirits, 50/50. Spray on, let sit for a day or so and then repeat. Best looking and toughest finish I have ever had.

/ Paint trailer deck #12  
Maybe look around for the posts but another favorite is part motor oil and part diesel. Have done the boiled linseed oil on wheelbarrow and shovel handles, just be careful with the rags they will self combust.

Got a diamond plate deck on the flatbed equipment trailer and it is just Rustoleum for touch up.

David

/ Paint trailer deck #13  
Cabot oil based stain- penetrates and does not peel. All of the water based treatments sit on top in a layer, no penetration and peel.

/ Paint trailer deck #15  
View attachment 550091 I built this ten ton farm wagon five years ago. Horst model 180 running gear and 5/4" T&G plywood deck. Thought I'd really do it up great - I put a couple gallons of automotive undercoating on the plywood. Which promptly all pealed off the following spring. So now its been painted with plain old exterior water based latex paint - lasted four years so far.

The wagon is used to haul LARGE rocks and 5', 10' & 15' chunks of my Ponderosa pine trees.

/ Paint trailer deck
Anyone have any pics of the linseed/mineral spirits on a trailer deck, curious as to how it would look

/ Paint trailer deck #17  
Anyone have any pics of the linseed/mineral spirits on a trailer deck, curious as to how it would look

Not a trailer deck but some unfinished pine for a door I am building.

729A5E8B-056B-46FA-BF5E-B3169731862E.jpeg

I didn’t brush it on or spray it. I set the boards down in a bucket and let them absorb the linseed/turpitine through the end grain.

/ Paint trailer deck #18  
Local person who cuts and sells oak for trailer floors recommends oiling the deck. Been while since talked with him but think he was talking used oil. Again that is for oak floors.