Paintless dent repair

/ Paintless dent repair
The crack can occur during the repair.

I would carefully fill the crack with clear nail polish. This will help keep it from corroding inside.

Thanks for the tip. Would you apply the polish with the supplied brush?

/ Paintless dent repair #22  
The crack can occur during the repair.

I would carefully fill the crack with clear nail polish. This will help keep it from corroding inside.

Yup, even lightly razor blade the loose ends of the crack and apply some touch-up paint. If you don't that might haunt you later. Potential rust:mad:

Those guys do a nice job given the conditions they are presented.

I've done bodywork for decades and I watched the guy knock out some of my dings and I was amazed.

/ Paintless dent repair #23  
Thanks for the tip. Would you apply the polish with the supplied brush?

Ideally, you would use a very fine tipped, quality brush.

However, you could use the cheap brush the nail polish comes with, take your finger and work it in to the crack, then take a clean rag with some acetone, or lacquer thinner on it, and in one, or two, gentle wipes, remove the excess.

A light polishing after the paint dries, will return any lost gloss.

/ Paintless dent repair
Yup, even lightly razor blade the loose ends of the crack and apply some touch-up paint. If you don't that might haunt you later. Potential rust:mad:

Those guys do a nice job given the conditions they are presented.

I've done bodywork for decades and I watched the guy knock out some of my dings and I was amazed.

The edge is not loose. This guy did a great job.

/ Paintless dent repair #25  
Your hood has galvanizing on it, so it is not going to rust anytime soon.

Being tri white, it gets pretty ugly if you remove any of the paint, and try to brush touch it.

/ Paintless dent repair
Your hood has galvanizing on it, so it is not going to rust anytime soon.

Being tri white, it gets pretty ugly if you remove any of the paint, and try to brush touch it.

I think the hood is aluminum. Its an 09 F150.

/ Paintless dent repair #27  
I think the hood is aluminum. Its an 09 F150.

Yes.

Sorry, I lost track of what vehicle you had.

That explains the crack. Aluminum has more give in it. You really have to apply a lot of pressure, to get it to bend the other way.

/ Paintless dent repair #28  
To do small touch-ups: A match out of the old school match books works better than any brush...Give it a try, you'll see what I mean.

Just put a moderate amount on the ripped end, the paper helps control excess paint. Used that method in car dealers for years.

/ Paintless dent repair
To do small touch-ups: A match out of the old school match books works better than any brush...Give it a try, you'll see what I mean.

Just put a moderate amount on the ripped end, the paper helps control excess paint. Used that method in car dealers for years.

Thanks for the tip. I hate the brushes that come with touch up paint.

/ Paintless dent repair #30  
I just had a paintless dent repair done on my new Challenger. It had sat on the lot since last October, and it picked up a door ding at some point. The dealer where I bought the car did it for free. It was just behind the passenger door, and he worked it out without getting behind it. Its not perfect, but its hard to find unless you know where to look.