Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift

/ Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift #21  
If its the 2nd story of his workshop, i have an idea of what kind of stuff gets stored there.... things that are too good to throw away, but dont have an instant use... which means it isnt really a problem if it takes an extra minute to get to height:

I think the cheap and easy way is make a steel platform with 2 tubes you can slide the forklift into:
You stack the pallet on top of the platform, then slide the forks into the lower receiver tubes and bring the pallet to height.
since we're storing all kinds of goods on a 2nd floor, you'd probably have to move it away from the floor opening manually, so taking it off the platform isnt more work than loading it onto the first meter of 2nd floor and then move it by hand. The forklift cant cover the whole area of your 2nd floor anyways.

/ Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift #22  
Due to the nature of how the beam is next to the opening, I would be concerned about operating a skid-steer that close, knowing that the constant bumping would not do the concrete that is holding it in place any good. Over the long term, it could be detrimental to the building, something he probably would rather avoid. The second floor is well built, don't get me wrong, but getting close enough to the floor to operate a pallet jack or other means of moving the stuff (avoiding finger printing it) could create problems. I for one would prefer to see a way to get the items on top of the floor, versus up against it, although both will work.That leading edge of a pallet is hard to see from a forklift, much less a skid-steer.
David from jax

/ Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift #23  
If inside a shop or garage. Pick up whatever the item is with the forks, back the loader onto your flatbed trailer, then back the trailer into the shop/garage. That should give you almost 3 foot of added height.

/ Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift #24  
sandman2234 said:
I for one would prefer to see a way to get the items on top of the floor, versus up against it, although both will work.That leading edge of a pallet is hard to see from a forklift, much less a skid-steer.
David from jax

Then another idea is a U shaped frame that has 2 tube receivers for the pallet fork, and 2 other tubes that serve as, well.. as pallet forks.
Then you can stack it on top and take it over with a manual pallet truck/trolley