Pallet forks for L3130 with quick attach question

/ Pallet forks for L3130 with quick attach question #11  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( I checked the Paynes QA forks that advertise on this site. They had a heavy duty model that weigh 100lbs & have a 2 ton capacity for about $500 something & anoth $100 for shipping. I believe the total was about $625. They had both lighter and heavier forks available also. )</font>
100# seems very low. 2 tons capacity using 100# worth of steel?? really? I was thinking a pair of forks would be at least 250-300# with a QA plate. Surely it weights more then the standard bucket.

/ Pallet forks for L3130 with quick attach question #12  
Alex, you lasted longer than I did last night. My main interest in the Grubber bucket is to tear up roots on trees I need to take down. My ground is all sand, so it doesn't get affected too much by dryness. I haven't gotten the bucket yet, so we'll see how well it works.

/ Pallet forks for L3130 with quick attach question #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Alex, you lasted longer than I did last night. My main interest in the Grubber bucket is to tear up roots on trees I need to take down. My ground is all sand, so it doesn't get affected too much by dryness. I haven't gotten the bucket yet, so we'll see how well it works. )</font>

I well I am on west coast time, so being in Florida you probably technically stayed up past your bedtime more than I. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Depending on the root size and depth, you can of course do that with ANBO or Borgford grapple. Sometimes, I can just rip out the whole tree if it is small enough (maybe 6"-8" max diameter) out from the ground with the grapple. First I knock it down to get one side loose, then I place the grapple lower rake teeth under the relative small root ball on the exposed side and curl back. If the tree is small enough, I can even use the top teeth insteed of the bottom a little more effectively. I move the grapple into a dump like position, inverting the grapple. Open up the grapple and lower the front teeth into the ground just to the outside of the small trunk. Then I drag the root ball back, just a few inchs under the dirt surface, by moving the tractor backwards. I have found this works best, if I do it 90 degress from the angle of the fallen tree so I am not running over the top of the tree with the tractor. Saves you from switching buckets or getting the chainsaw out many of times. This method works really well for filling up the grapple with fallen brush and trees. You can drag back into a larger pile, worthy of hauling back to the burn pile, and then closer up on it and roll back the whole mess. Then of course a few good shakes to get rid of the dirt and it is good for the burn pile.