Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made?

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #101  
Where ya been Herky??? Hadn't heard anything out of ya for a while. Haven't been off on some save the World mission have ya?? I retired 2 years ago so have "saved" all of the World I'm gonna save!!!

Thanks for what you guys do. I've spent many an hour in the back of a C-130, starting in Vietnam, ending in Afghanistan.

That has been a while! I started back during the beginning of the Sandinista time and am still going. Probably another 7 years or so. I'd like to be retired and be up at my place in VA, but that's not currently in the cards. I've been flying Herks for the last 22 years and still going.
Happy trails my friend.

HP

Last edited:
   / Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #103  
That has been a while! I started back during the beginning of the Sandinista time and am still going. Probably another 7 years or so. I'd like to be retired and be up at my place in VA, but that's not currently in the cards. I've been flying Herks for the last 22 years and still going.
Happy trails my friend.

HP

Walking up the ramp into the back of a running C-130 is comforting and feels safe. I got the same feeling when boarding a Huey. I developed a love for the Blackhawk in Iraq/Afghanistan. Never liked Chinooks. I am not crew, I'm the meat you guys haul. Flying over danger beats the Heck outta walking thru it. Thanks again for what you do.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made?
wonder why they left the handles on

Why redesign something that works just fine? You can continue using it by removing the cylinders in the event of any hydraulic problems. It also looks like it is designed to use some of the leverage on the lever.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #105  
Perhaps visibility and a way to remove an attachment if power fails. On my 773 I can't really see anything other than the handles to tell if its locked or not.
:thumbsup: Exactly the reason or 1 of the 3. When Bobcat first came up with the idea they were going to put flexible flag on in place of the handle then decided to leave the handle in place and drill a hole in it for the cylinder pin. 1. The handle indicates when open or closed. 2. In event of hydraulic failure the cylinder can be easily removed and levers used manually. 3. Drilling a hole in all the levers allows use of the same lever in both hydraulic and manual options plus allows adding hydraulic cylinder very easily.
Here is photo of my tractor after adding the hydraulic cylinder to it. I used a manual diverter valve up front that I can switch over and use the grapple from the same control after the bucket is hooked/latched on.

Power bobtach 001.jpg Power bobtach 002.jpg

Note: the 2 cylinder version in the video is on a Toolcat. With single tilt cylinder they could not use the same horizontal cylinder used on the skid loaders.