Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks #1  

rope1

Tractor
AGCO ST34 A
Anybody have any experience with the factory MF/Agco pallet forks. Looking at buying a set along with one of their pin type quick tach's for my Agco ST34 with SL46A loader (twin to MF 1533 w/1525 loader). Looks like a pretty nice set up, and I can get them bought pretty cheap. Basically looking for someone to tell me they are not worth the money. Thanks

/ Pallet forks #2  
I have the factory forks with pin type quick attach for my 1533. When I first got forks, I did not have the quick attach bracket, and switching between the forks and the bucket was a pain. Now that I have the quick attach bracket, it takes just a couple of minutes. The only drawback the factory forsk may have is that they are not very long compared to some of the others. I think they are 32" long. This has not been as big of a deal as I had originally thought though.

/ Pallet forks #3  
I think you will not regret buying the quick attach and the pallett forks. My tractor came with the pin style quick attach and I fabricated some attachment points for a used set of forks. I fins that I leave the forks on more than the bucket! I have palletized all kinds of things and am able to just grab them with the tractor and bring them into the shop. I also got an old pallet truck from work that needed "tuning" and now it is in the shop to move the pallets tighter together. I have palletized so far:
  • firewood
  • lawntractor for winter storage
  • box blade and bucket
  • garbage cans and recycling boxes
  • table saw and my radial arm saw.
I am planning to palletize my welding equipment and the cutting torches too! These will be custom made steel skids

The possibilities are endless !

/ Pallet forks #4  
Here are a couple of shots of my home made pinstyle quick attach plates for my forks. They are made of 4"x4" x1/4" angle not 3"x3" as i originally thought.

100_0032.jpg

100_0033.jpg

100_0035.jpg

Last edited:
   / Pallet forks #5  
Hello all,
I actually have the quick attach bucket and forks for my 1445 tractor, it has a 1040 loader. The attach I have it you pull the pins and roll them to the side, which releases the pins, the buckets and forks are "hooked" onto the top you just set one down, roll the attach forward. Go to the other attachment, pick it up by the hooks, and roll it back and the pins lock themselves.
I like it because it comes in very handy. I have lifted almost 2000lbs of wood pellets and I have not bent or broken anything. The skid steer type in more common, but this is what my tractor had and I have no need for any other front attachments at this point.
I figured if I ever need to get something that has the skid steer mount, I would just make a plate to mount to my quick attach system. They sell a blank skid steer mount and I could fabricate the quick attach hook and pin easily enough.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

If you want pics, just let me know.