Parabolic Subsoiler

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #1  

Pa Pa Jack

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I need a little guidance. I have a friend that works part time for a steel fabricator. I asked him if they had any steel plate either 3/4 or 1 inch thick that I could get to make a parabolic subsoiler.

He told me that if I could give him a full sized drawing, he could cut one out with their lazer cutter. I could manufacture the rest myself.

Anyone have any ideas about where I could get a dimensional drawing of a decent parabolic blade? I have looked on google, but so far nothing really helpful.

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #2  
I need a little guidance. I have a friend that works part time for a steel fabricator. I asked him if they had any steel plate either 3/4 or 1 inch thick that I could get to make a parabolic subsoiler.

He told me that if I could give him a full sized drawing, he could cut one out with their lazer cutter. I could manufacture the rest myself.

Anyone have any ideas about where I could get a dimensional drawing of a decent parabolic blade? I have looked on google, but so far nothing really helpful.

Go to Well Built, Performance Driven - Monroe Tufline and look at the 1S-28. Ken Sweet

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #4  
..... I have looked on google, but so far nothing really helpful.

Take a look at this PDF...SUBSOILER SHAPES FOR SITE−SPECIFIC TILLAGE It's a technical article, but it discusses the shape of the shank and it's impact on performance depending on soil conditions....page 3 has info on the dimensions of the shank.

and Using Subsoiling To Reduce Soil Compaction lots of information on different designs.

could go the patent image route: 1. or 2. or I'm sure you can find more there.

Looks like there a many images (including some from TBN) out there that if you were to take an image and trace what you want in a CAD application, you can estimate the sizes and shapes from known dimensions like beam size, clearance from tip to frame, spacing from shank to shank, etc.

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #5  

Wondering if you've found anything yet? I have a unmounted shank I can send
you a picture of laying flat with some dimensions if that would help.The camera's not here at the moment but let me know & I'll get a pic to you.

TD

/ Parabolic Subsoiler
Wondering if you've found anything yet? I have a unmounted shank I can send
you a picture of laying flat with some dimensions if that would help.The camera's not here at the moment but let me know & I'll get a pic to you.

TD

That would be great. I have found several pictures, but I am not very good at figuring out the dimensions from a small picture. I have even been trying to find a source to buy a shank like I have in mind, but have not received any responses yet. I really appreciate the offer.

/ Parabolic Subsoiler
Those are pretty good pictures. Thanks.

This is the style I would really like to make.

Subsoiler by Miskin

I want something a little more radical because I have a lot of bamboo on my property and I want to cut the roots. The roots are shallow, but they can be quite thick and strong. I figured this type of shank would handle that better.

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #9  
A parabola is a parabola. Pick a dimension you want and run the calcs for it. There are tons of math sites with formulas that will cover this.

/ Parabolic Subsoiler #10  
PPJ, Sent you a PM.

TD