park brake

/ park brake #1  

ktwhitacre

Tractor
LS 4140XR
Have a 4140 I just bought, more often than not with out the park brake on and I start up after all the bells and whistles settles down the park brake light will come back on and and of course when I put it in forward it dies! Sometimes when Im already moving the light comes on and it kills the tractor. I put a light on the switch beside the handle it seems to be working. Any Help?

/ park brake #2  
Probably your seat sensor. I get that in most instances its because I'm not seated on the seat properly (175#s) in the center. So when I start moving in gear the tractor dies.... its happened in several different ways - backing up and me turning in my chair will do it .... same with disengage of brake and putting in gear not seated directly in the center of the seat.

I've started to just sit down hard on the seat before starting or start tractor get out let it warm up while I kabitz around then get back in sit hard on the seat and put in gear and go.

/ park brake #3  
Make sure the handle is all the way down. Up just one click could set the switch.

When my tractor is off, parking brake off, I turn the key, the parking brake light flashes. It doesn't do this when the tractor is running, but I do have my seat switch jumped. I assume that your seat switch is not jumped, which means that the tractor will die, the light will flash, every time the pressure is relieved from the seat (either going over bumps, adjusting your position, leaning forward to look at the FEL, etc). The tractor 'believes' that you have jumped off the seat while the tractors brake is not set, killing the engine.
I 'fixed' this issue by jumping the seat switch.

/ park brake
Probably your seat sensor. I get that in most instances its because I'm not seated on the seat properly (175#s) in the center. So when I start moving in gear the tractor dies.... its happened in several different ways - backing up and me turning in my chair will do it .... same with disengage of brake and putting in gear not seated directly in the center of the seat.

I've started to just sit down hard on the seat before starting or start tractor get out let it warm up while I kabitz around then get back in sit hard on the seat and put in gear and go.
thanks Mr. Bob and Mr. Avenger Didn’t even thank about the seat Im going to save your life whether you want me to or not switch connected to the park brake alarm.

/ park brake #5  
Mine must work different it has never shut off the engine but if the Tractor starts to move with the parking brake on it starts beeping very loudly .

/ park brake #6  
Hi Cycledude - I just bought the MT342 and with 40 hours no it we got the same issue with the parking brake light and the beeping. My dealer is clueless - did you find out how to fix the problem? Thanks

/ park brake #7  
Hello montanapup
I haven’t had any issues with my parking brake, it seems to work exactly like it’s supposed to. It beeps if and when I forget to release it before moving the tractor, I currently have about 450 hours on mine.