parking brake problems

/ parking brake problems #1  

copperhead1967

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota BX22, Cub ZForce S 48 inch deck
bx22 parking brake.jpg click image to enlarge

Have the floor pan off the BX22 to replace the fan, first one in 6 years. Anyways the parking brake locking lever is messed up somehow. The left side of the lever where you engage the brake is OK, spring is in place.
The right side seems to be loose in its carrier (right under the wiring harness, I have a black cable tie wrapped on it now). This is allowing it to lay across the driveshaft. The picture attached shows the right side in the foreground. looking at the parts list shows no missing parts. The brake will engage but I have to pop the spring off on the brake pedal to get it unlocked.
Is something broken off the frame mount/carrier for the lever on the right side?

/ parking brake problems #2  
Well, sorry, I don't have an answer for you on the parking brake but I do have a suggestion while you've got the floor pan off. I highly recommend you replace your steering hoses if you haven't already. They will go soon. I had to replace both of mine and they went at the most inconvenient time. By the way, Kubota recommends all hose replacements every 3 years.

/ parking brake problems
Found a solution to the brake lever. Looking at the carrier it seemed to be a bit high and pushed outboard a bit. A few raps with a hammer to bend the metal back into place, "down and in" to square and level it seemed to tightened everything up. Brakes are engaging smoothly and unlatching properly now.
Got it back together before reading about the steering lines. But I think next time I take the pan off it will be alot easier task. I replaced all the carraige bolts on the rear of the pan with regular bolts for easier wrenching.