Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #11  
the kit to change over to the rod style linkage is kind of a pain in the ***** the first time you do one and it helps if you have asistance. after its done it will seem simple . you will need a long extention to remove bolts from the left side of the tractor wile somone holdes the wrench on the right side. get the dealer to do it if you can.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs
the kit to change over to the rod style linkage is kind of a pain in the ***** the first time you do one and it helps if you have asistance. after its done it will seem simple . you will need a long extention to remove bolts from the left side of the tractor wile somone holdes the wrench on the right side. get the dealer to do it if you can.

Thx Brimstone- I'm assuming everything is done from ground level leaning into the cab. Probably makes sense to take the loader off too? My only experience so far has been freeing up the cable once when it really curled up.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #13  
new 3720 showed up at dealer. it is the new lever for the brake on the floor. I wonder how hard it would be for you guys to convert to new style?? I'll get some pictures over the weekend.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #14  
yes at ground level , loader off . the biggest part of the job is removing and replacing the linkage under the cab/ behind the engine. the part inside the cab is easy.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #15  
Redhorse, sorry for the late response. As Brimstone mentioned, the kit is a pain but worth it because it works so much better. I personally have not done complete install of one of these. I have only assisted another tech to hold the bolt as brimstone noted is required. It should be something anyone with mechanical ability can do, just not so easy to reach things.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs
Redhorse, sorry for the late response. As Brimstone mentioned, the kit is a pain but worth it because it works so much better. I personally have not done complete install of one of these. I have only assisted another tech to hold the bolt as brimstone noted is required. It should be something anyone with mechanical ability can do, just not so easy to reach things.
JD,Brimstone, thx for responses. May fire up the woodstove and give it a shot over the weekend. It IS an impressive hardware kit. Can't imagine what they were thinking with original design.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #17  
JD,Brimstone, thx for responses. May fire up the woodstove and give it a shot over the weekend. It IS an impressive hardware kit. Can't imagine what they were thinking with original design.
Good luck. Hope all goes well w/o too much difficulty. Looking forward to hearing how you make out with the installation. :thumbsup:

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #18  
Does anyone know if the new add on kit will apply both brakes without locking the pedals together?

I don't find the red knob latch to be a big issue but having to latch the two pedals together first is a pita.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #19  
jenkinsph said:
Does anyone know if the new add on kit will apply both brakes without locking the pedals together?

I don't find the red knob latch to be a big issue but having to latch the two pedals together first is a pita.

The kit just replaces the cable with a solid rod. The pedals will still need to be locked together.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #20  
JDman,
Thanks for the reply, it isn't worth it to me then.