Parking lot damage

/ Parking lot damage #11  
They deal with that regularly, and probably have it on film. They'll check it. If no help, ask for their insurance co info too.

/ Parking lot damage #12  
Ps keep your receipt for proof of when and where...

/ Parking lot damage #13  
I know act of nature and all that, but I tell you, if you see my car, it was assaulted I tell you.

I don't do trivial law suits, but in this instance, I feel I am right. The store manager did not offer information or condolences.

Your thoughts?
Why wouldn't you report it to your insurance company and let them fight with the box store, if they believe they might be liable?

/ Parking lot damage #14  
This is why the coin release shopping cart system is good. You have to put money in to release an empty cart from the string, and you get it back when you return it. It's an unattended system that works well. In Germany they used a one Deutsche Mark coin, that was before the Euro conversion.

I agree. The newest chain of grocery stores in this area is Aldi and they are the only store I know of that uses the coin release system (takes a USA quarter). The only reason we don't trade there is because they do not take checks or credit cards; cash or debit card only.

/ Parking lot damage
I will write a note to the big box store HQ, and show them what I think they should do to prevent errant carts from getting out of the collectors. Most stores in this area, food, shopping, all have strips on the asphalt in front of the collectors area to prevent roll-aways.

My daughter was in the car, she thought she was hit by another car. She was catching up on sleep. It was two carts that damaged the car.

I don't report stuff like this to insurance companies IF people settle the damage incurred.

Since the store manger took the non-caring, non-acknowledging route, I will contact my insurance company. And write a b**** note to their HQ.

Cleaning up the area around a store should be good for customer service.

What if some little old lady had been run over by these way-ward carts? Changes the tune of a few doesn't it?

The force of the cart against the back door, actually took the body side molding off since it buckled the metal inwards so bad. And the carts had "bumpers" on the corners. Crazy amount of force.

/ Parking lot damage #16  
Come to Maine- the snow in the parking lot will keep the grocery cart from rolling!
That's too bad. But then it is why we use insurance.
Good luck. -I wouldn't spread the bad karma by suing. It always comes back to individuals.

/ Parking lot damage #17  
I agree. The newest chain of grocery stores in this area is Aldi and they are the only store I know of that uses the coin release system (takes a USA quarter). The only reason we don't trade there is because they do not take checks or credit cards; cash or debit card only.

I grocery shopped at an Aldi in Germany. :)

/ Parking lot damage #18  
My grocery store has a sign that basically states when you park in their lot you release the store of liability for that sort of damage. Park at your own risk sort of thing.

/ Parking lot damage #19  
My sister-in-law works at a large chain store. You should see her mini-van! Its been hit several times. Doesn't matter where you park. Those carts get rolling 10-15 mph and its gonna hit you sooner or later. Store won't pay for the damages for employees. Good luck to you, though. Seems reasonable that they should have someone watching the parking lots for customers that leave carts out of the cart racks.

/ Parking lot damage #20  
This thread explains the reason when I go to a grocery or big-box hardware chain store I park WAY OUT from the pack of cars and shopping carts....and if possible on a slope that will prevent a cart from rolling toward me. I have to walk a distance to get into the store plus walk back plus walk back with the cart after unloading it, but it's good excercise. The lazy turds who leave carts loose instead of returning them to a corral make me furious. While I feel sorry for the OP, I agree it will be difficult for him to collect from the store.