Part tractor, part truck

/ Part tractor, part truck #11  
John,
I just want a estimate but, about how tall is the Exhaust stack on your 5205, I'm still considering one, but dont think it will go in the shed unless I get it change to horizontal. thanks,
Cliff

/ Part tractor, part truck #12  
As long as we're reminiscing, let's not forget our old buddy, the Unimog. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

As I recall, you could get a fairly nice model for around $84K.

highlights.jpg

HarvSig.gif

/ Part tractor, part truck #14  
Cliff,

I'll try to remember and get an exact measurement tomorrow, but the ROPS is about 7 1/2' and guessing the exhaust stack is approximately 7' tall.

Cliff, did I ever tell ya... you have great taste in tractors.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ Part tractor, part truck #15  
I think I'd rather have two Tructors that one Unimog./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Part tractor, part truck #16  
John,
Thanks for the guess, you dont have to measure, I just wanted a guess. I may have good taste in tractors, but I did go look at Kubotas so dont hate me for that. But I'm definitly getting Deere, 4710 or 5205. But the 5205 for the same price is so hard to turn down./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif thanks,
Cliff

/ Part tractor, part truck #17  
Part tractor/truck-Original 1938 Comfortractor

1938 -- The COMFORTRACTOR (model U DeLuXe, or "UDLX" for short) was introduced by Minneapolis-Moline. This tractor laid claim to numerous FIRSTS, including:
1. FIRST production tractor with a CAB
2. FIRST production tractor with a HEATER
3. FIRST production tractor with a LIGHTER
4. FIRST production tractor with WINDSHIELD WIPERS
5. FIRST production tractor with a CLOCK
6. FIRST production tractor with a RADIO
6-73811-comfortractor.jpg

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

"You are what you eat, drink, think, say and do..."

Attachments

• 6-73811-comfortractor.jpg
    6-73811-comfortractor.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 53
   / Part tractor, part truck
Re: Part tractor/truck-Original 1938 Comfortractor

Hi. The Minneapolis Moline looks more like a car from the time. I've wondered sometimes who the first manufacturer was who "invented" those first ammenities. Very nice.

1-73804-JDSignature.gif

/ Part tractor, part truck #19  

I can remember Seeing the Minneapolis Moline tractors once at a fair in Minnesota. A older man had 2 of them there.

/ Part tractor, part truck #20  

I have a video on old tractors that was made to advertise a Dupont paint and they had one of these on there and someone was using it on a mailroute in Canada (in the 1990's).
Farma all day and drive it to town at night.Would they run 40 mph? I forget.