Partial Maintenance

/ Partial Maintenance #11  
66gladiator said:
...And yes, the factory filters are gray, but up until recently, gray filters could be found in most parts departments. So just because it's gray doesn't mean it is factory installed.....
People MAY be able to recognize the factory installed filters by looking at the seat area very carefully. On my L3240 it APPEARED that the filters were painted _after_ the engine was assembled. For example, my rear axle and dust boots on the steering were clearly painted after assembly. The paint is cracking off the dust boots and the rear axle has sealant squeezed out at various locations which exactly matches the grey paint on on the engine/tranny:)

Talon Dancer

DUH - I just rememebered that the factory installed filters were SOLID grey. No writing etc.

Last edited:
   / Partial Maintenance #12  
When I did the 50 hour service on my B7800, I bought Kubota filters from the dealer. The engine oil filter was black and the hydraulic and transmission filters were both grey.

/ Partial Maintenance
UPDATE - I was pretty upset about this so I did all the maintenance last night so that I could sleep good. I have good news. I changed the engine oil and filter. After taking the filter off I noticed even though it is solid gray like the rest of the engine that it is actually an aftermarket filter with part numbers on it for several makes of tractors. So I could tell that the engine oil and filter was changed as the previous owner told me. It just happened to be changed out with a filter that appeared identicle to the factory one. I also changed the hydro fluid and filters which were not chnged previously. I can report that the fluild and old filters were very clean, so I feel much better about the whole situation, especially that the engine had been serviced. Thanks for all of your input.

/ Partial Maintenance #14  
Adam23 said:
Yep I got the owners manuals, but now I am looking for the best place to get the work shop manual (maintenance). I don't need it now but I like to have those things on hand becuase when I do need it I will need it right then - not in two weeks. Local dealer wants $72 for it and they have to order it. Not bad will probably go that route unless I can find it somewhere else.

I got my shop manual from Messick's, the B7500 is $63.95. I bought the manual and my oil and filters from them to support Neil for his participation on TBN.

97897-12491 Kubota B7400 / B7500 Shop Repair Manual

/ Partial Maintenance #15  
Adam23 said:
UPDATE - I was pretty upset about this so I did all the maintenance last night so that I could sleep good. I have good news. I changed the engine oil and filter. After taking the filter off I noticed even though it is solid gray like the rest of the engine that it is actually an aftermarket filter with part numbers on it for several makes of tractors. So I could tell that the engine oil and filter was changed as the previous owner told me. It just happened to be changed out with a filter that appeared identicle to the factory one. I also changed the hydro fluid and filters which were not chnged previously. I can report that the fluild and old filters were very clean, so I feel much better about the whole situation, especially that the engine had been serviced. Thanks for all of your input.
That is as good as you could have hoped for. Sleep well :)

Talon Dancer

/ Partial Maintenance #16  
No question, you did the right thing.
Stay safe!!
Frank

/ Partial Maintenance #17  
mjfox6 said:
I got my shop manual from Messick's, the B7500 is $63.95. I bought the manual and my oil and filters from them to support Neil for his participation on TBN.

x2. Just put in a big order yesterday. Messick's rocks.