Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88 #61  
Now thats a sign of a well done overhaul. Congratulations. :thumbsup::cool2::drink:

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88 #63  
Congrats on a great job. Many more years of service now under the hood.

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88 #65  
Mechanos I've been following your rebuilding. I hope we are going to see a photo after it's done.

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88 #66  
Congrats!

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88
Mechanos I've been following your rebuilding. I hope we are going to see a photo after it's done.
Well, I could certainly take a couple of pictures... but honestly, it looks just like it did before the rebuld. Since this is a worker, I chose to just rebuild it and not restore it. No new shiny paint or detailing... all the new shiny good stuff is on the inside.

I did take a short video clip tonight showing it start up, throttle up then down and shut down. However, I have no way of posting a video and it turned out to be an 87MB .mp4 file.

/ Partial overhaul on Yanmar 3TNE88
The last tid-bit to take of was the hour meter. The mechanical hour meter on the stock tach quit working, so I had to address that issue before I started using the tractor. I didn't really feel like dropping $107 on a new tach/hour meter, so I bought a small electric hour meter to keep track of the time put on the tractor. It's a small rectrangular (1" x 2") but I'm still undecided on where to mount it so I just did a quickie temporary "mount" for now. I needed to find an easily accessible point to tap into key-on power without tearing deep into the electrical system since I don't know where the hour meter will finally land. I chose the harness for the grid heater control module.

Capture.GIF

Pin #1 is the black ground wire and pin #3 is the yellow ignition-on wire. Now... where to put the meter. For now, I just taped it the grid heater control module with electrical tape. At least it will log the hours until I decide on a permanent home for it.