Parts availability issues with JD

/ Parts availability issues with JD #31  
Reminds me of the 451 (Cleveland) or the 451 (Windsor) engines. Crikey mate, get over yourself.

My 4105 (with the YANMAR donk) is from the US. My 300CX FEL is from Mexico and I bought it here in Australia. It's an international world and market. Which is another reason that everything on my JD is in metric... because the number of countries who still use Imperial you can count on one hand.

So, having "wirked in manufacturing", you should know that it's ludicrous to build tractors exclusively in Imperial for the US market when the rest of the world is metric.

I think you mean 351 cubic inch.. don't forget the M- modified 351...:) Ooops should have said 5.7 liter or is it litre :D

/ Parts availability issues with JD #32  
I think you mean 351 cubic inch.. don't forget the M- modified 351...:) Ooops should have said 5.7 liter or is it litre :D

You are correct. (shows how much of a petrol-head I am :))

Heck, the only reason that I know that my Toyota Hilux ute is a V6 4.0 litre is because it says so on the side.

/ Parts availability issues with JD #33  
Even the British, (who invented Feet & Inches and Whitworth) have abandoned all for the global Metric system.

But, dear Phillip, it's you who needs to get out a bit more. See the world. Talk to people of greater enlightenment...

Do you really think Americans are incapable of 'making' a metric nut or bolt? That they only have "Imperial-sized" tools?? You do your fellow countrymen a great disservice. The folk at Deere are way ahead of you and embraced the Metric fasteners a long time ago when they realised the market outside USA was bigger than the market inside. They do not want to sell to narrow-minded myopics who only have fractional-inch tools and an adjustable wrench in their toolbox. For JD the future was metrication and they have been proven correct. Your local Snap-on truck carries Metric tools...

Look at Toro in the Turf area ("Made in America") - Ask any Golf Course Tech and he will tell you he has to have inch & metric spanners. Inch to mess with the mainframe and metric to work on the engine. (Kawasaki, Subaru, Robin, Peugeot, Kubota, B&S Vangard, Daihatsu & Honda)They use all these engines. Many made in USA - ALL made with metric fasteners & dimensions.

Got a Stihl or Echo chainsaw? You've got a Metric machine. Honda, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Audi... car?? Metric.

Deere are making combine harvesters in Russia and tractors in Germany and France and India. All using the Metric fasteners.

The world (outside Phillipsville) is Metric. America (outside Phillipsville) is getting there. You, sir, are holding your people back. But good luck to you.
Well i have traveled extensively throughout the USA. I have quite an extensive record of international travel. The truth is USA has become a service economy instead of the industrial power house it once was. Very little is made in USA. Case in point, Ford has an assembly plant in Kansas city. The don't build any thing. The assembly the Ford pick up with parts from Mexico and where ever else. Sure every body thinks oh Ford that made in Kansas city. No it assembled in kansas city from part made from Mexico and over seas. Let me give you an example example of made in USA. Three brothers were not satisfied with the the seed treaters on the market. They designed and built there own. The then got a patent and started building there own. They have been very successful. I worked for them before I retired. We order in sheet metal, angle iron, pipe, tubing and other raw material. Parts were cut out on a trumpf laser, broke on a hydraulic press brake. Some stuff was rolled. We did our machining. Cut pipe, tubing etc. on a band saw. There was a water jet for cutting rubber, plastic, etc, Everything was fabricated and assembled right the. And yes the brother toured a John Deere plant in an attempt to make our processes more efficient. That is made/built in USA. By the way the three brothers have broke in the global markets and it is part of there gross sales. By The way, they are assembling with sae nuts and bolts and I do have metric tools. Keep in mind I have one of these sub compact tractors and my father owns a John Deere 4100. It is kind nice living in rural America. You may be right, I may need to socialize more. However, the friends I have here, were pretty tight. And why woUlf I care to try to socialize with people who want slice you And you. Just last night they were trying to say there is no winter in whiting kansas. There are no real accurate records here. Whoring is a town 150-200 miles. You have to check the climate record from the larger towns close by like topeka, kansas city, Leavenworth, goodland, Wichita etc. You'll find That can and does reach 0 F and cold. We average 15- 20 inches of snow. We have had really snowy winters exceeding 30 and although rare 40 inoches of snow. I shared some of these posts with my friends. They laughed and said somebody definitely needs to broaden their horizons.
You think wrong. :toiletpaper: