Price Check Parts Pricing

/ Parts Pricing
If you know the specs of those bolts you may be able to find them online. I purchased 2-12mm and 6-14mm bolts for my Chevy 2500 in order to lower the nerf bars. The 14mm were 8" and the 12mm were 5". I got them through bolt depot. They were not cheap. Around $50.

Thanks for that lead. I needed 4 12 mm and 4 14 mm bolts recently to fashion some studs for mounting wheels on my German cars and found them at the local Ace hardware, We have a chain of stores here that have a really good nut and bolt department, but I will put a link to bolt depot in my browser for the future. Thanks again

/ Parts Pricing #12  
These hubs are attached as part of the final assembly at your regional distribution center. They do that so the tractors can pack tighter into metal crates so that they can get more stacks of tractor into a 40' container. Sometimes an assembler will over tighten, or more often under tighten these bolts. I would think Mahindra would be open to providing these bolts at no charge, especially with cooperative customers being willing to install them themselves. Your dealer would need to advocate for you on that, but I have found that Mahindra is very fair about things like that.

We do find that on things that are general hardware (and I realize the dowel bolt is not) that OEMs seem to make you pay dearly if you want to use them as a source for bolts and such. I can see how they may be able to do that on a specially machined bolt, but $12 each for the normal metric bolts is ridiculous.

/ Parts Pricing #13  
Ok thx for the info! I can officially say all of minor issues I’ve had with my tractor have been dealer issues- not Mahindra or Mitsubishi. Good to know. I’m a happy owner.

I need to buy my dealer a torque wrench!!

Last edited:
   / Parts Pricing
These hubs are attached as part of the final assembly at your regional distribution center. They do that so the tractors can pack tighter into metal crates so that they can get more stacks of tractor into a 40' container. Sometimes an assembler will over tighten, or more often under tighten these bolts. I would think Mahindra would be open to providing these bolts at no charge, especially with cooperative customers being willing to install them themselves. Your dealer would need to advocate for you on that, but I have found that Mahindra is very fair about things like that.

We do find that on things that are general hardware (and I realize the dowel bolt is not) that OEMs seem to make you pay dearly if you want to use them as a source for bolts and such. I can see how they may be able to do that on a specially machined bolt, but $12 each for the normal metric bolts is ridiculous.

Dave
Thanks for this information. I have little faith that my local dealer would advocate on my behalf as he cannot even source parts for me in a timely fashion. I have allowed him to screw me more than twice so I need another source for parts, perhaps a mail order source, maybe even on the west coast. I have always looked to your posts for candid information and appreciate your weighing in on the assembly process which surely explains how the rest of the machine seems to be solidly built.

/ Parts Pricing #16  
I have allowed him to screw me more than twice so I need another source for parts, perhaps a mail order source, maybe even on the west coast..

Heard there may be good dealer somewhere around Red Bluff, CA. 😉