Sprayer Pasture sprayers and spraying

/ Pasture sprayers and spraying #21  
I bought 2730# Liquid (250 gallons) for $204.75 and that is $150/ton. That sprayed about 300#/acre which was too much. I had been told 200#/acre and 300#/acre. I used 2 qts Grazon P+D per acre ($14/acre) because it took 3/8 to 5/8 oz/acre of Ally (which sells for $200 for an 8 oz bottle!!!) with 1 qt Grazon P+D ($150 for 5 gallons) for the heavy amount of Texas Broomweeds that I was trying to get rid of.

Now, I see primarily Coastal and at least 90% fewer weeds.

I am trying to decide which sprayer to buy and I think I will post that question in the Attachments Forum. I have looked at a 200 gallon sprayer with a folding 28 ft (3 sections with a rotary selector switch) boom. I hope to go tomorrow and look at a 300 gallon sprayer (which doesn't cost much more) but I will probably seldom use more than 200 gallons and I wonder about the sloshing around of the water and chemicals with the larger tank. The tanks are the same diameter, but are 55 inches and 74 inches wide respectively. 300 gallons at 90% full would be about 3200# which I can handle ok on the M6800 three point, but that is still a lot of weight when you start out. Unfortunately, I live on a hilltop location and a single sprayer will drift too much in the wind that blows here all the time. I really don't like taking a bath in the stuff as you drive /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. The boom works better for me, but you have to be a lot more careful with it as it does not like to cross ditches or go between trees very well.